PC-ND | The Boneyard

PC-ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Right now ND up 4 late - PC struggled when Dunn went to the bench, but has recovered after he came back in.

Dunn has turned into a pretty good player - a lot of size at PG and had 14 dimes against a recent cupcake (and 9 against FSU). Not sure how he would have fit with all the guards we've had in a parallel universe. He'd be a talent upgrade over Samuel off our bench, but I think what Samuel gave us last year was key for a title as a guy who brought defensive intensity and fearlessness off the dribble - that isn't something that just anybody could do that early in their careers. And Dunn probably means no Kromah and maybe even no Adams.

Chukwu hasn't played. Probably not a surprise - he was a project wherever he went.

Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
Right now ND up 4 late - PC struggled when Dunn went to the bench, but has recovered after he came back in. Dunn has turned into a pretty good player - a lot of size at PG and had 14 dimes against a recent cupcake (and 9 against FSU). Not sure how he would have fit with all the guards we've had in a parallel universe. He'd be a talent upgrade over Samuel off our bench, but I think what Samuel gave us last year was key for a title as a guy who brought defensive intensity and fearlessness off the dribble - that isn't something that just anybody could do that early in their careers. And Dunn probably means no Kromah and maybe even no Adams. Chukwu hasn't played. Probably not a surprise - he was a project wherever he went.

Right after I posted, Dunn got injured. Looked like a possible ACL with the way it buckled on his landing, but he got up limping (which doesn't rule out an ACL). Hope that's not it.

Reaction Score
Dunn came back in limping, but it's not an ACL since he's been able to cut and change direction.

Henton has been pretty ridiculous for the Friars. Tough guy to match up with.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Dunn back in the game. How did we not land Dunn? I wasn't paying as close attention to recruiting at he time, but a top 20 PG from New London and he goes to PC? We are PG-U no way we should miss on an instate PG we want.

Reaction Score
I really hope Dunn isn't hurt, he has had the worst string of bad luck. He is a really good player, would probably be in the NBA now if it wasn't for the lost seasons.

Reaction Score
UcannUconn said:
Dunn back in the game. How did we not land Dunn? I wasn't paying as close attention to recruiting at he time, but a top 20 PG(of all positions) from new London and he goes to PC?

Didn't have a scholarship at the time. And we had Shabazz, Lamb and Boat in our backcourt as two sophs and a freshman.

And we were going on probation.

Reaction Score
You got to figure out a way to get Grant the ball there. Can't stand them but PC has a nice team, Dunn, Harris, and Henton is a nice trio.

Reaction Score
Dunn back in the game. How did we not land Dunn? I wasn't paying as close attention to recruiting at he time, but a top 20 PG from New London and he goes to PC? We are PG-U no way we should miss on an instate PG we want.
Dunn himself said UConn backed off on recruiting him, you guys throw "miss" around way too loosely.

Reaction Score
It looked like refs had a flight to catch. Grant fouled twice on his shot and it was all wrist on last shot. No whistles.

Reaction Score
We backed off him several months before he ended his recruitment because we were already stacked at guard. Same thing with Chukwu, we backed off because we knew what we had with Brimah.

Reaction Score
Pretty entertaining game - although it doesn't affect us in any way. Just happened to be on TV and was back and forth down the stretch. Henton had 38 or 40 - I lost track - including a go ahead 3 and two go ahead FTs in the last minute.

Reaction Score
Dunn came out the same year as Drummond. UConn didn't even have a scholarship for Drummond, never mind Dunn.

Reaction Score
BC is playing Dayton right now.
The ACC had a horrible time at the tipoff classic.

Notre Dame lost to PC and Florida St lost and lost and lost.

Reaction Score
I was at Foxwoods one night and someone was talking to this guy who said he was Dunn's dad, so take this for what it's worth, but basically Kris and Omar were offered and told whoever took it first is who they would take. He also said that they were waiting to see if UNC would offer.

Reaction Score
We had already landed Omar but I also think the staff thought we had a good shot at Purvis. Dunn might be good now but he wouldn't have gotten off the bench here the past couple years.

Reaction Score
We had already landed Omar but I also think the staff thought we had a good shot at Purvis. Dunn might be good now but he wouldn't have gotten off the bench here the past couple years.
He wouldn't have gotten off the bench here because the was hurt 2 seasons in a row, if healthy he absolutely would've gotten playing time here.

Reaction Score
It looked like refs had a flight to catch. Grant fouled twice on his shot and it was all wrist on last shot. No whistles.

you might need glasses. the zebras(esp Bush) did everything they could do to hand the game to ND. The and 1 vs. Harris was a joke. He was back pedaliiing and never left his feet and they still called it. Henton had all ball on the last shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom