Paul Zeise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paul Zeise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"The two went back and forth for a bit, there were no call-ins, although I thought it about it (it was midnight or so), but they ended up with the same conclusions: 1) the women's team would be great as long as Geno was there. They would still have the toughest schedule, they'd still attract the best players. But when Geno goes, so goes the program; 2) KO would have trouble recruiting as there's nothing much to promise kids - no NY area schools to play, no MSG tournament. Zeise pointed out that the AAC tourney being in Memphis is a huge drop down in perception. Thus UConn men's hoops would fade to obscurity; and 3) the football program will never be anything but mid-major. Might they hope to win the AAC and possibly qualify for a BCS bowl someday? Sure, but those times would be few and very far between. And not with Pasqualoni."

100% right on all counts....

Reaction Score
"The two went back and forth for a bit, there were no call-ins, although I thought it about it (it was midnight or so), but they ended up with the same conclusions: 1) the women's team would be great as long as Geno was there. They would still have the toughest schedule, they'd still attract the best players. But when Geno goes, so goes the program; 2) KO would have trouble recruiting as there's nothing much to promise kids - no NY area schools to play, no MSG tournament. Zeise pointed out that the AAC tourney being in Memphis is a huge drop down in perception. Thus UConn men's hoops would fade to obscurity; and 3) the football program will never be anything but mid-major. Might they hope to win the AAC and possibly qualify for a BCS bowl someday? Sure, but those times would be few and very far between. And not with Pasqualoni."

How can you even say that when KO is recruiting very well, we have a new basketball facility being built and we have a great OOC schedule? KO just needs to keep winning so that everyone gets the memo that UConn is staying on top.

As far as football goes, there are schools like Boise and BYU that get the job done outside a major conference. We can too. The biggest difference between them and us is we are a state flagship and that is a huge advantage for us.

We need to win and we need to hire coaches that will win. We have several years to rebuild football with exit fee money. If PP can't get it done this year then we need to go out and get a sure thing coach and pay him to save our asses.

I'm not about to start listening to Pitt and Syracuse radio for my updates on all things UCONN. I know what they want to see happen to us.

Reaction Score
How can you even say that when KO is recruiting very well, we have a new basketball facility being built and we have a great OOC schedule? KO just needs to keep winning so that everyone gets the memo that UConn is staying on top.

As far as football goes, there are schools like Boise and BYU that get the job done outside a major conference. We can too. The biggest difference between them and us is we are a state flagship and that is a huge advantage for us.

We need to win and we need to hire coaches that will win. We have several years to rebuild football with exit fee money. If PP can't get it done this year then we need to go out and get a sure thing coach and pay him to save our asses.

I'm not about to start listening to Pitt and Syracuse radio for my updates on all things UCONN. I know what they want to see happen to us.

I'm sure our AD is monitoring the situation with our football program and will act after all hope is lost.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I believe #2 is 100% incorrect. As long as Ollie gets players to the Association, recruiting levels will be sustained. The #1 concern of a star recruit is can this coach get me to the NBA. Straight for Calhoun's interview with Michael Kay.

Reaction Score

I don't care who says it, he's right. AAC as has been well documented here is a death sentence if we stay too long.. The facilities upgrades are great, what the school is doing is great, all good stuff, but it will not matter one iota unless CR gets going again, and even then I am not so confident we will be the next one chosen.

Look, I will go to games and support the team, because I love being a UCONN alum.. but it is time to get realistic. In 3-4 years time, if nothing changes, and who knows maybe it will, we are no better than a MAC team.

Get used to all the ACC hype about NYC, and in the not too distant future Syracuse playing Duke at the Garden for their championship while we are stuck in Houston playing Temple...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't care who says it, he's right. AAC as has been well documented here is a death sentence if we stay too long.. The facilities upgrades are great, what the school is doing is great, all good stuff, but it will not matter one iota unless CR gets going again, and even then I am not so confident we will be the next one chosen.

Look, I will go to games and support the team, because I love being a UCONN alum.. but it is time to get realistic. In 3-4 years time, if nothing changes, and who knows maybe it will, we are no better than a MAC team.

Get used to all the ACC hype about NYC, and in the not too distant future Syracuse playing Duke at the Garden for their championship while we are stuck in Houston playing Temple...

No...It's been well hypothesized that the AAC is a death sentence. First of all, Basketball doesn't work the same way that football does. Second, The AAC is exactly 17 days old and no games have been played in any sport. Let's hold off on the absolute doomsday scenarios until they can actually be backed up with fact.

I think if you focus on the conference, your focus is on the wrong thing. The school is building a basketball facility, the school has improved the OOC schedule (I'd expect that to continue), the school has gained or in the mix to gain quality athletes over the next two years, and the school should get to the NCAA Tournament each year for the next 4 or 5. If Ollie can put a few kids in the NBA over the next few years, the school's recruiting shouldn't suffer too much.

The SEC only got 2 at-large bids to the 2013 tournament. [Tennessee coach Cuonzo] Martin said. ''This is a BCS league. It's one of the best leagues in America. That shouldn't happen.''

Well Cuonzo, there is no BCS in college basketball and if you act like a mid-major, that is exactly what you will be and be treated accordingly.

"Think classy, you'll be classy" - Crash Davis, Bull Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104