Patterson and The Boneyard | The Boneyard

Patterson and The Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Jeff Jacobs:

"Over the holidays, I had time to look at things. I got introduced to the Boneyard. It was Dec. 26. I didn't have anything to do other than to watch another football game. The thing that pleased me was it reminded me of the message boards for the Iowa Hawkeyes. Lots of people care. That's a good thing. I don't think I'll have too much time to read the Boneyard anymore, but it made for interesting reading."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...n-football-blog-0109-20140108,0,4413510.story

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At the end of the above linked article:

Patterson does have a sense of humor.

"I did tell the staff when we were introducing each other around the table, I've always been called Coach P, but I guess around here that's not going to fly. I don't know what they're going to call me. Coach DP maybe."

Fairly sad that Double Penetration is preferable to Coach P, but he's right. "Coach P" is a toxic name at UConn.

Reaction Score
Just read that. Cool beans. Lots of people do care.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I can only imagine what he read. Haha

Reaction Score

"I did tell the staff when we were introducing each other around the table, I've always been called Coach P, but I guess around here that's not going to fly. I don't know what they're going to call me. Coach DP maybe."

Fairly sad that Double Penetration is preferable to Coach P, but he's right. "Coach P" is a toxic name at UConn.

So if a player gets chewed out by coach Patterson, he got DP'ed? Things really are changing with UConn football.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He should be called Dewey.

Of all the look-a-likes being thrown around over the last week or so, he looks like Dwight Evans the most. The two appear to be separated at birth.

Evans in Manchester, New Hampshire

Husky25

Reaction Score
th

Coach Don "Dewey" Patterson. Who's against this?

Reaction Score
Per Jeff Jacobs:

"Over the holidays, I had time to look at things. I got introduced to the Boneyard. It was Dec. 26. I didn't have anything to do other than to watch another football game. The thing that pleased me was it reminded me of the message boards for the Iowa Hawkeyes. Lots of people care. That's a good thing. I don't think I'll have too much time to read the Boneyard anymore, but it made for interesting reading."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...n-football-blog-0109-20140108,0,4413510.story

Great Great column by Jeff Jacobs. After reading that I feel like I know Coach DP and Coach Diaco much better. Even if we only get Coach Diaco for 3-4 years, I expect we'll get the max effort from him at every turn.

This staff has a great blend of youth and experience.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I think that is hilarious.

BTW, just read the article. Make me even more confident about Diaco. He has a real plan for success.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I take pride in the fact that I was the person who scolded the poster for referring to Coach Patterson as Coach P.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For humor go back a few pages and see what thread got a ton of responses that day.

I'll give you a hint, it involved another's teams fanatical poster giving us his "Official" bowl game prediction.

Reaction Score
How about he got the DP treatment?

I am getting the feeling that Coach DP's offensive philosophy primarily involves stuffing it in the open gap(s), even if it might seem like they aren't open wide enough.

This might seem like a taboo strategy, but I think this is a great plan for success long term. You just have to hope all the players are wearing their helmets for protection, especially in this day and age.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
This was a great inside look at what we all on the board are constantly seeking here, and that's solid information about our staff and what led them to our program! It doesn't take much for Jacobs to do these kinds of things but it helps beginning to stir up the buzz when the fans feel they have the right people leading the program. So far I think "The Coach" is doing a great job putting together a staff that he can trust. There is not one hire I feel less than confident about based on what I've read thus far, this is a new day for Uconn FB.

FWIW, I think that Coach Peterson should just drop "Coach"and just go with DP!

Its recruiting season, I wonder if this staff will be the first one to land our first 5* recruit!!??? Your on the clock boys, go get em '!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I am getting the feeling that Coach DP's offensive philosophy primarily involves stuffing it in the open gap(s), even if it might seem like they aren't open wide enough.

This might seem like a taboo strategy, but I think this is a great plan for success long term.

It certainly involves opening multiple holes and putting the defense in uncomfortable positions . . .

Husky25

Reaction Score
Is this a DP reference?
There are a lot of double entendres being thrown around at this point.

Really?? There's resistance against Coach Dewey?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
There are a lot of double entendres being thrown around at this point.

Really?? There's resistance against Coach Dewey?

Being that I am a Yankee fan...yes.

Reaction Score
Coach Patterson rules!

I want coach Patterson to know he should start Cochran. Lets not waste any of next season searching for something we have already found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate