PATS | The Boneyard

PATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
looking good against the broncos. Payton with two picks. He really doesn't like playing in New England

Reaction Score
Typical Broncos game in NE where nothing goes right. On to the next.

Reaction Score
Typical Broncos game in NE where nothing goes right. On to the next.

Funny, you can say the same about Pats games in Denver. Weird things happen when they go out there. Happens to every team. I remember the Celtics in the late 80's and early 90's couldn't win in Milwaukee to save their lives. Just is what it is.

Reaction Score
looking good against the broncos. Payton with two picks. He really doesn't like playing in New England

Of course one pick was because not only did Welker drop an easy pass but he just popped it up in the air so gently that I could have made that catch.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Always a special game when Brady plays Manning. Hope the Pats can keep the AFC 1 seed so the next time we play against Denver, we will play it on New England altitude.

Reaction Score
5 weeks ago the Pats were dead and Tom Brady sucked and was over the hill. Now there their number 1 seed in the AFC (for now, lots of touch games ahead). I really thought they in trouble. boy was I wrong

Reaction Score
dsturdy5 said:
Funny, you can say the same about Pats games in Denver. Weird things happen when they go out there. Happens to every team. I remember the Celtics in the late 80's and early 90's couldn't win in Milwaukee to save their lives. Just is what it is.

The afc championship game last year was one of those for the pats. From the start it just seemed to be the Broncos day.

Reaction Score
Was there last night. Great atmosphere and a good game. I went to the Raiders game there also. Amazing how different the Pats look now v then.

Attachments

• image-3475445176.jpg
    image-3475445176.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 61
Reaction Score
The Pats should never be a "we" for UConn fans. They screwed CT big time. Treat them like BC or FSU.
It was a good thing for UConn football that the Pats didn't come. It would have been 10 times harder trying to develop a D1 fan base with a successful NFL team in town.

Reaction Score
The Pats should never be a "we" for UConn fans. They screwed CT big time. Treat them like BC or FSU.
So wrong. They (the Patriots) made it possible for UConn to move to D1 football and to be in the Big East (while it lasted). Quick review of timetable:

1. Connecticut (led by the town of Mansfield) killed the plan for an on-campus stadium (which really should have been built) and with it damn near killed the UConn dream of D1 football.

2. The Pats and Bob Kraft started pitching their "plan" to relocate the franchise to Hartford and there were at least two different plots of real estate that where proposed for building a stadium. The second site would have made the building the centerpiece of Adrien's landing.

3. Yes the Pats pulled out (Boston was never gonna let "little brother" - read that as either Hartford or Connecticut - steal a pro football franchise out from under it). This wasn't Hartford trying to steal the Rock Cats from New Britain. So revisionist history aside, this pipe dream was never gonna happen.

4. In the meantime, the land at Rentschler Field was donated and a last ditch hope for UConn to move to D1 football took hold.

Dooley

Reaction Score

Others have responded to this already with the reasons why it is silly for CT residents to hold a grudge against the Pats, so I'll just add that they are the New England Patriots. I live in New England. Therefore, "we".

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Others have responded to this already with the reasons why it is silly for CT residents to hold a grudge against the Pats, so I'll just add that they are the New England Patriots. I live in New England. Therefore, "we".

That really doesnt work!

There were NO Bruins fans rooting for the New England Whalers and they never used the word 'we' when refering to them!
:)

Dooley

Reaction Score
That really doesnt work!

There were NO Bruins fans rooting for the New England Whalers and they never used the word 'we' when refering to them!

There is a simple explanation for this: Bruins fans are morons. Everybody knows that. :)

Aside: it does get under my skin that I have to listen to "Yankees Suck!" and "Lets go Bruins" chants whenever I go to Gillette. I think I'll have to drown those out with some good ol' U-C-O-N-N chants.

Reaction Score
BTW it feels like a UCONN game there...

Open with AC/DC
Play welcome to the jungle on 3rd downs
That's another Patriots....FIRST DOWN!

Reaction Score
The way the Steelers are playing, these two teams might not meet again. In fact, one of the Patriots or Broncos might not even have a bye. Can't imagine traveling to Pittsburgh in the divisional round.

Reaction Score
So wrong. They (the Patriots) made it possible for UConn to move to D1 football and to be in the Big East (while it lasted). Quick review of timetable:

1. Connecticut (led by the town of Mansfield) killed the plan for an on-campus stadium (which really should have been built) and with it damn near killed the UConn dream of D1 football.

2. The Pats and Bob Kraft started pitching their "plan" to relocate the franchise to Hartford and there were at least two different plots of real estate that where proposed for building a stadium. The second site would have made the building the centerpiece of Adrien's landing.

3. Yes the Pats pulled out (Boston was never gonna let "little brother" - read that as either Hartford or Connecticut - steal a pro football franchise out from under it). This wasn't Hartford trying to steal the Rock Cats from New Britain. So revisionist history aside, this pipe dream was never gonna happen.

4. In the meantime, the land at Rentschler Field was donated and a last ditch hope for UConn to move to D1 football took hold.

If the Patriots came to CT, a much better stadium, already B1G size, would be in place. Connecticut fans would not abandon UConn for the Pat's. They could both co-exist. The boost to the economy of the area would be phenomenal, thus also improving UConn's profile to a P5 Conference as it would make the area a fun place for out of state fans to visit. The Rent will need extensive an costly expansion if UConn intends to advance.
As far as living in New England and rooting for New England teams, I say this. One: Go Giants! Two: if you want UConn to be New York's team, then a New York team should be Connecticut's pro team and UConn should be promoting itself at New York professional sports venues.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What a load of crap. CT is no worse off, and it may have helped get the Rent built. No NFL team was ever coming to Hartford, it was never a reality, just a crazy pipe dream of some stupid politicians. Connecticut is in New England, and the Patriots are the New England Patriots. I will never root for any team from New York. But this is an old story and CT has always been split and always will be. It is as it should be.

Reaction Score
Having grown up in New Haven, I'm totally inured to these New England/New York battles.

But I absolutely hate the Giants for leaving the Yale Bowl!!!!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If the Patriots came to CT, a much better stadium, already B1G size, would be in place. Connecticut fans would not abandon UConn for the Pat's. They could both co-exist. The boost to the economy of the area would be phenomenal, thus also improving UConn's profile to a P5 Conference as it would make the area a fun place for out of state fans to visit. The Rent will need extensive an costly expansion if UConn intends to advance.
As far as living in New England and rooting for New England teams, I say this. One: Go Giants! Two: if you want UConn to be New York's team, then a New York team should be Connecticut's pro team and UConn should be promoting itself at New York professional sports venues.

Yep - spot on. Sort of like how the Pats and BC FB coexists - oh wait, I got that wrong.

Reaction Score
.. if you want UConn to be New York's team, then a New York team should be Connecticut's pro team ...

I vote for the Jets :)

Funny, for the UCF game I brought my insulated waterproof poncho, which happens to have a Jets logo on it. I always wear my UCONN jersey, but with the crappy weather I wanted to be warm and dry. Wow, u would've thought I was in Foxboro the way I was getting heckled, haha! Though one other fan with a Jets sweatshirt gave me high-5 so I wasn't alone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I vote for the Jets :)

Funny, for the UCF game I brought my insulated waterproof poncho, which happens to have a Jets logo on it. I always wear my UCONN jersey, but with the crappy weather I wanted to be warm and dry. Wow, u would've thought I was in Foxboro the way I was getting heckled, haha! Though one other fan with a Jets sweatshirt gave me high-5 so I wasn't alone.

I heard that Jets fans existed, but I've never seen one in the wild. Only team in the NFL that didn't have a single U.S. county show it as its favorite team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom