Patriots | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Patriots

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Possibly Kendrick Bourne.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's a lot of money that didn't make the offense any better. I'm sure there's a plan to get playmakers there but Edelman and Jimmy White might not be back and I'm not sure what else is there.

They signed two WR better than anybody else on the roster and a very good TE. That said the weakest area on the team, by far, was defensive front 7. That was upgraded massively. Plus the drafted guys last year should be better.

Wide receiver is the most over valued position in the NFL. By a lot. In 3 years we will treat it like RB. James While needs to move on as we need more speed in that spot. He’s not a major threat.

I think they filled every area of need today. That allows them to burn draft picks to move up and grab a QB who can learn behind Cam.

Reaction Score
They signed two WR better than anybody else on the roster and a very good TE. That said the weakest area on the team, by far, was defensive front 7. That was upgraded massively. Plus the drafted guys last year should be better.

Wide receiver is the most over valued position in the NFL. By a lot. In 3 years we will treat it like RB. James While needs to move on as we need more speed in that spot. He’s not a major threat.

I think they filled every area of need today. That allows them to burn draft picks to move up and grab a QB who can learn behind Cam.
I disagree on White. He was fine 2 years ago, missed time due to a family tragedy this year and quite frankly, Cam Newton just tucked and ran instead of checking down in the flat. I'd take him in a second.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I disagree on White. He was fine 2 years ago, missed time due to a family tragedy this year and quite frankly, Cam Newton just tucked and ran instead of checking down in the flat. I'd take him in a second.

I agree with you on Cam, and think White is a good player. But Harris can catch the ball, and Michel improved catching the ball. White has roughly the same speed and size as those two guys. So at the 3rd RB spot I think it makes sense to have a change of pace back, a guy who gives a different look. It's not a knock on White at all.

Reaction Score
I agree with you on Cam, and think White is a good player. But Harris can catch the ball, and Michel improved catching the ball. White has roughly the same speed and size as those two guys. So at the 3rd RB spot I think it makes sense to have a change of pace back, a guy who gives a different look. It's not a knock on White at all.

TBay should pick up White. He had great comfort and chemistry with TB and with those WR's/TE's? Lots of open space in the flats.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
just picked up Hunter Henry to go along with Jonnu Smith

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
just picked up Hunter Henry to go along with Jonnu Smith

This is pretty wild really. Massive OL, two TE set with solid RBs and WRs. I’m not sure that’s easy to stop even with Cam at QB. Both TEs can catch or block, so you run RPO and the D has really no idea what to defend. It’s classic Belichick.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just learn how message boards work so you aren't reliant on other people to move your crappy posts it's simple.
To be fair, no one twisted your arm under the condition that the only way they would let go is if you clicked on the thread. That is also how message boards work.

Signing Newton does not preclude the Patriots from picking a QB in the draft. It doesn't make sense that they would add all of these pieces and still expect Cam to throw 15 yard bounce passes.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
David Andrews is back on a 4 year deal. They thought he was going to Miami, which is why they signed Karras. Certainly now have depth on the OL.

This team has filled every hole except CB, and that may or may not be a hole depending on Gilmore and JC Jackson. They put a 2nd round tender on Jackson and can match any offer. Gilmore is going to be interesting, as he may not play on his final year deal.

At this point, they have few real needs, so the draft will likely be either a QB or CB. There are two very good CBs who may be available at #15. I think Gilmore's situation will be fluid up to draft day, so they'll have flexibility to pivot.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So long Julian Edelman. It was a pleasure watching you make clutch catches over and over. Too much punishment ultimately. But great memories. Good luck in retirement, best to get out now, while you can still walk.

Side note: thanks for being so handsome that you may have influenced my wife to finally become a football fan. Sundays are much better now when I don't have to explain why I don't want to go do whatever during the Patriots game.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Edelman took a beating as did Welker before him. Sub 6’ sub 200lb guy running crossing patterns around 250lb lb beasts is just not healthy. Great career - amazing to see his transformation from a mid level QB into a premier WR.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The guy was a rock. Saved so many games...

You've got to be an absolute stud to be a Superbowl MVP, and he was just that. He'll be missed, that's for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom