Patriots Ravens | The Boneyard

Patriots Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How the hell do you not go for the field goal? Amazing, how do does that guy even have a coaching job? Worthless.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Announcers said the kicker was missing from 53 in warmups and it was a 51 yard kick. Clearly not confident in the kicker's leg.

Reaction Score
Announcers said the kicker was missing from 53 in warmups and it was a 51 yard kick. Clearly not confident in the kicker's leg.

doesn't matter if he's missing from practice, you still have to go for the field goal.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Cundiff is not a good kicker. You don't put the game on the leg of a guy like that.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Let me rephrase, he isn't a good long distance kicker.

He is a good kicker that should have made that kick though.

Reaction Score
I can't believe that game, unbelievable, Harbaugh should have called a time out before that busted 3rd down play. Amazing

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
And you wonder why they didn't go for a 51 yarder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I guess know we know why Harbaugh went for it. On another note, as a Pats fan, Brady scares the living outta me in big spots now. That deep throw into double covereage after the Spikes pic would make even Favre scratch his head.

Reaction Score
And you wonder why they didn't go for a 51 yarder?

He made a 39 yarder with ease, you have to put that on your kicker, that's bs not to go for the field goal, if you don't trust your kicker you should have hired a back up, I mean this is the AFC championship game. Please, these guy should know better, don't make excuses for them. Put him out there and live or die with him.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
No, putting pressure on a kicker who is 1 for 10 since 2006 for 50+ yards is beyond dumb. Fault for not having a more capable kicker but not for going for it in fourth down.

Reaction Score
No, putting pressure on a kicker who is 1 for 10 since 2006 for 50+ yards is beyond dumb. Fault for not having a more capable kicker but not for going for it in fourth down.

it's not dumb, it's the nfl, the big boys league, if you don't have faith in your kicker, have a back up plan, no excuse for not being ready. Take the field goal instead of 4th and long, they got lucky to get the ball back, but this is on the coach, kicker and gm.

Reaction Score
Cold football and a shakey field goal kicker.

Giant's turn.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the arm chair Qb's are out in force tonight!

Reaction Score
Tynes looked good from about 30 yards out.

"Giant's turn" to WIN!. And once again, the northeast s the epic center for the Superbowl. Disgusting that we don't have a relevent college conference to match.

Reaction Score
"Giant's turn" to WIN!. And once again, the northeast s the epic center for the Superbowl. Disgusting that we don't have a relevent college conference to match.
to some extent the first point is a huge contributor to the second.

As far as Brady's pass after the pick, hey, the defenders made a highlight reel play. 99 times out of 100, its incomplete, 2nd & 10. that being said, it was not Brady's best game.

Reaction Score
it's not dumb, it's the nfl, the big boys league, if you don't have faith in your kicker, have a back up plan, no excuse for not being ready. Take the field goal instead of 4th and long, they got lucky to get the ball back, but this is on the coach, kicker and gm.

It was freezing cold there, temp was showing 15 degrees. Ball was hard as a rock.

Reaction Score
to some extent the first point is a huge contributor to the second.

As far as Brady's pass after the pick, hey, the defenders made a highlight reel play. 99 times out of 100, its incomplete, 2nd & 10. that being said, it was not Brady's best game.

Free,

I agree and thought about your comments when typing my post. I know it's more complicated than this, but one of my short-stroke reasons is that collectively northeast colleges place a far greater focus on academics than they do athletics. The sphere of influence of the Ivy league education tradition effects most colleges in their backyards to prioritize similar missions, ie, UConn benefits having Harvard, Yale and Brown within 80 minutes of campus. And it doesn't hurt having Wesleyan and Trinity as neighbors, too. Once the Ivies got out of revenue driven football, I believe the entire northeast educational infrastructure followed suit. And in the big picture, that's what colleges should do. But, there should be a respectful and honorable balance between the two entities. When done right, big time college football enhances the college experience and reputation.

I know you already know all of this, I'm venting because the Big East conference has betrayed you, me and others that have Big East DNA by not being visionary in providing a college football conference that would make the region proud.

When Tranghese asked the acc to let the football schools play football down there because we only want them for basketball, he should have been

The NFL is #1 in fan popularity and college football is #2 and growing. And the northeast for the most part is a non factor in spite of the fact as the Big East conference like to say "is home to 25% of the nation's TV sets."

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day, Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom