Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek series | The Boneyard

Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek series

Reaction Score
I’m very excited! I’ve always been a huge Trek fan and grew up watching The Next Generation so Picard has been my captain even over Kirk. If you’ve seen Logan you know Patrick Stewart is still on a level few actors could hope to achieve so I’m fully on board.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Make it so! Or ...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The Next Generation was certainly not the best Star Trek series.

I take it you liked the original the best?

Any idea what the name of the new series with Stewart will be?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I’m very excited! I’ve always been a huge Trek fan and grew up watching The Next Generation so Picard has been my captain even over Kirk. If you’ve seen Logan you know Patrick Stewart is still on a level few actors could hope to achieve so I’m fully on board.

He's awesome in American Dad. After having seen him in Star Trek, and a couple movies, I was shocked he had a twisted sense of humor. The guy definitely has range.

Reaction Score
I take it you liked the original the best?

Any idea what the name of the new series with Stewart will be?
Yeah, the original was the best. Picard could never beat up a big lizard man.

I don't think anyone else has signed on but the release says there will be a "new" cast. They don't have any scripts yet.

This is another CBS ploy to get subscribers for their streaming service.

Reaction Score
CBS sucks. Maybe David Boreanz will be Picard’s #the 2. Needs to be on a Cable network or FOX to have a shot.

Reaction Score
Really happy to see him back. I won't pay for another streaming service, but I am sure there will be other ways to view it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I don't think anyone else has signed on but the release says there will be a "new" cast. They don't have any scripts yet.

This is another CBS ploy to get subscribers for their streaming service.

I loved the original, but could you imagine Kirk in a series with Picard? He'd look like a parody of any Next Generation crew members.

Reaction Score

Got that right, and he never had a girlfriend like "Ruth" or "Edith Keeler".

I enjoyed SNG but to say it was better than the original is sad. SNG never had great great writers like DC Fontana, Harlin Ellison, George Clayton Johnson, Roddenberry, and Theodore Sturgeon.

When Stewart was originally cast as the more cerebral Captain Jean Luc Picard, the writers along with Roddenberry and Rick Berman realized that they still needed a Kirk like character. A Picard like character alone couldn't fill Kirk's shoes, so they created Will Riker. Riker was SNG's Kirk.

If there ever is a full length feature film about Jean Luc's early years, who do you cast? Johnny Depp? I mean the only actor that resembles Patrick Stewart is Larry David. Lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Got that right, and he never had a girlfriend like "Ruth" or "Edith Keeler".

I enjoyed SNG but to say it was better than the original is sad. SNG never had great great writers like DC Fontana, Harlin Ellison, George Clayton Johnson, Roddenberry, and Theodore Sturgeon.

When Stewart was originally cast as the more cerebral Captain Jean Luc Picard, the writers along with Roddenberry and Rick Berman realized that they still needed a Kirk like character. A Picard like character alone couldn't fill Kirk's shoes, so they created Will Riker. Riker was SNG's Kirk.

If there ever is a full length feature film about Jean Luc's early years, who do you cast? Johnny Depp? I mean the only actor that resembles Patrick Stewart is Larry David. Lol

That’s obvious. James McAvoy.

Reaction Score
That’s obvious. James McAvoy.
He could play Picard but at age 39 not a young Picard like Chris Pine who was only 27 when first cast to play Kirk, and I certainly wouldn't call any resemblance McAvoy has to Stewart obvious, like with Larry David. Lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He could play Picard but at age 39 not a young Picard like Chris Pine who was only 27 when first cast to play Kirk, and I certainly wouldn't call any resemblance McAvoy has to Stewart, obvious like with Larry David. Lol

I guess I must be missing something. McAvoy is too young to be young Picard, but Larry David isn’t?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom