Patrick Ewing gone… | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Patrick Ewing gone…

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Applications have gone up everywhere. We’re in the midst of the highest mumber of high school graduates and the highest number of college applications ever. And it won’t peak for a couple more years. And then it drops off a Cliff. Did you notice that Northeastern had 90,000 applications last year? That wasn’t because of their hockey team.

This isn’t like 1987 when PC went to the Final Four. Or like UConn in our championship years. Or like 1985 at BC after Flutie threw the Hail Mary against Miami. Or like Villanova after the championships in recent years. Cooley has done nothing to bring that kind of attention to Providence.
Yes, Northeastern applications have been absolutely off the charts. My daughter's class two years ago was their largest ever (too many enrolled), then they scaled back. It was mostly because it's a school that is known to help prepare people for and get them jobs.

Basketball success probably helps PC a little, because it's just not that well known outside the region.

Reaction Score
Yes, Northeastern applications have been absolutely off the charts. My daughter's class two years ago was their largest ever (too many enrolled), then they scaled back. It was mostly because it's a school that is known to help prepare people for and get them jobs.

Basketball success probably helps PC a little, because it's just not that well known outside the region.
Correct. You are talking about their job co-op program to build up job experience and network. That is why I went there. And no, I didn't know anything about their hockey program at all when I applied there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
But that could affect decisions from recruits, transfers and current players?
I’m sure they are contacting those that need to know if my assumption is correct. It appears ( learned after my post) that Cooley is interested in fixing the NIL situation at Providence and is using this threat to address it. If that’s the case it will have a positive effect on recruits, transfers and current players.

Reaction Score
I’m sure they are contacting those that need to know if my assumption is correct. It appears ( learned after my post) that Cooley is interested in fixing the NIL situation at Providence and is using this threat to address it. If that’s the case it will have a positive effect on recruits, transfers and current players.
We shall soon find out. Have no clue how much money we are talking about. I’d like to know how NIL works and set up with UConn. Would be great if someone knows. All I really know is that Paige Bueckers is making around $1Mil?

Reaction Score

I don’t see how he can look Bryce Hopkins and Devin Carter in the eye after he brought them into this “family” and tell them that he’s walking out on their last 2 years.

Reaction Score

I love Shaka and expect that what he says is true at Texas where football is absolutely king, but there are football schools where they also love basketball. This is especially true in the Big Ten where football schools like Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin all have long, proud traditions of success in basketball and have all had teams in the Final 4 within the past dozen years. They are typically among the national leaders in attendance annually as well.

Reaction Score
I don’t see how he can look Bryce Hopkins and Devin Carter in the eye after he brought them into this “family” and tell them that he’s walking out on their last 2 years.
Can always throw them in the back of the Honda Odyssey before it jumps on I-95 South…

Reaction Score
How do you know those two won't follow him to GTown, assuming Cooley does end up doing that? Those two were transfers from two SEC schools. They didn't go to Providence College because of Providence College, they went there because of Ed Cooley.

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
How long have you been following college sports? This kind of thing happens dozens of times every year. Don't think it is a big deal except for the fact he would be going to a conference foe. How about how Edsall left UConn to go to Maryland? Now that was bad.

Reaction Score

the-godfather-its-not-personal.gif

Reaction Score
Not to overreact to a random dude on Twitter, but this is really going to happen, isn’t it?

If it does, really don’t care that he’s staying in conference. Will get much more enjoyment out of the meltdown from the Friar faithful.

Sucks to be a stepping stone program……

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Are you officially done pretending to be a UConn fan?

Reaction Score
How do you know those two won't follow him to GTown, assuming Cooley does end up doing that? Those two were transfers from two SEC schools. They didn't go to Providence College because of Providence College, they went there because of Ed Cooley.

They might but they’re going to have to sit out a year if they do.

Reaction Score
They might but they’re going to have to sit out a year if they do.
I know this would be their 2nd time transferring and rules say that a player has to sit out 1 year for that, but would they get an exemption because the coach they entered the program for, Cooley, is leaving? I am genuinely asking, I don't know.

Reaction Score
Cooley isn‘t going to Georgetown. That would be like Calhoun leaving UConn for St. John’s.

They need to find a competent young coach who has been successful. Pat Kelsey should be on their list.
You sure?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My calves are sore from all the dunking on Providence this week.

Remember when Providence beat UConn on January 4th and their doofus fans thought they had won the National Championship? I do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom