Pathetic effort by the coaches. gave up | The Boneyard

Pathetic effort by the coaches. gave up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I get it you dont want to crush Boyle's confidence, but he can't be that damned fragile. To just run out the clock with 7 minutes left was just the saddest thing I've ever seen. So much for building towards nexnext week and next year. Good thing Diaco came here, because he clearly isn't there yet as a HC.

Can our coaching staff improve more than the team next year? They need a good hard look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
thats what yo get when only spending 8mil and have decision making skills of grammar school student to lock in for 5 long yrs

Reaction Score
thats what yo get when only spending 8mil and have decision making skills of grammar school student to lock in for 5 long yrs

It looks more and more like they should've hired an offensive coach. Offense has continually been the problem for years (probably since Orlovsky), yet they keep hiring defensive coaches. Diaco and Cummings are clearly in over their heads in trying to jump start this perpetually inept offense. Either way, they need to find true balance on the field badly, because offense has always regularly been their Achilles heel.

Reaction Score
Your shtick became tiresome after your third post. Congrats on your consistency.
You should rename your handle COPD.

Reaction Score
It looks more and more like they should've hired an offensive coach. Offense has continually been the problem for years (probably since Orlovsky), yet they keep hiring defensive coaches. Diaco and Cummings are clearly in over their heads in trying to jump start this perpetually inept offense. Either way, they need to find true balance on the field badly, because offense has always regularly been their Achilles heel.
The offense is going to change next year.

Reaction Score
BlueDogs said:
Go get Weist and beg him to join. He did more in 7 weeks than Diaco has done in 9 months and a full season.

Or someone who can be a competent OC. I know we have talent / experience issues at QB but with a pretty good defense we should have at least 4 wins. Frustrating.

Reaction Score
The offense is going to change next year.

As long as they evolve beyond this infinite trial and error phase into a team with a competent identity on offense next year, I'm with it. I'm expecting to see a steady flow of option offense with Shirreffs behind the wheel next season. But I certainly can't take another year with this "play scared/conservative" ineptitude. Four years is more than enough.

Reaction Score
Here is the bottom line. We are going nowhere fast until we get a competent D1 quarterback, something we haven't had since Frazer. Anyone who thinks Boyle fits the bill is either someone who doesn't watch much football or a member of the Boyle family. He's been handed the job twice and has failed to take control both times.

Blast away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger