Pat Summitt Mural on "The Rock" Defaced | The Boneyard

Pat Summitt Mural on "The Rock" Defaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, if the rock is painted several times a day, then was the new painting defacing the Summitt portrait? Did the Summitt portrait deface whatever was there previously? Is it the schools intention to make this a permanent Pat Summitt Memorial?

I'm kidding, a bit, but I see some poor idiot getting thrown out of college for what hundreds of kids have done before him.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yikes. Whoever did it better hope he never gets caught. That's like disrespecting the Prophet Muhammad in Mecca.

Reaction Score
Yikes. Whoever did it better hope he never gets caught. That's like disrespecting the Prophet Muhammad in Mecca.
Not hardly--I won't make this religious or political--so I'll just say Pat Summitt is highly respected, justly and correctly, at UTenn
and among some of us fan who were privileged to have witnessed her prowess in coaching--Before Dementia took hold of her brain and body however long ago that was~~With her team, her tactics, her plays, some of her recruits the UTenn game just has not been the same.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not hardly--I won't make this religious or political--so I'll just say Pat Summitt is highly respected, justly and correctly, at UTenn
and among some of us fan who were privileged to have witnessed her prowess in coaching--Before Dementia took hold of her brain and body however long ago that was~~With her team, her tactics, her plays, some of her recruits the UTenn game just has not been the same.

I hope that no one thought I was taking a shot at Pat Summitt or at religion in general. I meant it only in a positive way. Pat Summitt earned her spot as a revered figure. She made people want to follow her lead and to be at their best in her presence. There's nothing negative intended with my comment.

Reaction Score
I hope that no one thought I was taking a shot at Pat Summitt or at religion in general. I meant it only in a positive way. Pat Summitt earned her spot as a revered figure. She made people want to follow her lead and to be at their best in her presence. There's nothing negative intended with my comment.
It's all good. We know what you meant, and didn't mean. Everyone walking on eggshells nowadays...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
that's bad... I don't care if you don't care for the Lady Vols or what Coach Summitt accused Geno/UConn of doing this isn't cool at all, especially on the campus.

UConn fans wouldnt think it was cool if tribute to Geno was defaced on the Storrs campus

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
that's bad... I don't care if you don't care for the Lady Vols or what Coach Summitt accused Geno/UConn of doing this isn't cool at all, especially on the campus.

UConn fans wouldnt think it was cool if tribute to Geno was defaced on the Storrs campus
Rock Painting Guidelines
  • Those painting rocks will ensure that the area is left in a clean condition. They will remove all materials and litter from the site and properly dispose of all paint.
  • Nearby objects shall not be painted.
  • Only water based latex paint is allowed.
  • In light of concerns regarding unhealthy competition to get the rocks painted, please observe the following Rock Painting Etiquette:
  • Entire rock must be painted. Due to the amount of time and planning it takes to paint, it is expected that new painting will completely cover the rock.
  • Painting the rocks should be a fun, voluntary activity. Members or potential new members shall not be required or forced to paint the rock; this is considered a hazing/harming activity.
  • Other groups will not interfere with those painting rocks. People have the right to paint rocks without being bothered, harassed or demeaned.
  • There will be no guarding of any rock. Members or potential new members shall not be required or forced to guard the rock; this is considered a hazing/harming activity.
  • Once painted and dry, other groups may paint over the work.
  • Tagging letters, names, or symbols over other groups’ paintings is prohibited.
  • All rock painting will be done sober. No drinking or drug use is permitted while painting rocks.
  • Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated at the rock sites. This includes loud music.

Reaction Score
It's all good. We know what you meant, and didn't mean. Everyone walkingz on eggshells nowadays...

PC rules the day!! However--the implication that Pat Summitt's fans would re-act as Mohammad believers--does not take into
belief of what we have seen over the past 5 or so years with "perceived" insults to Mohammad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom