Pat Celebration of Life | The Boneyard

Pat Celebration of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm watching the Pat Summitt's celebration of life, I noticed that Pat's son, Tyler was present and sitting with his grandma. I noticed that his wife, AnDe was not with him. Does anyone know why?

Reaction Score
I think they are seperated because of his actions at La.Tech.BTW,I thought it was classy of Geno to attend.
I wasn't surprised to see Geno there. There were quite many coaches there.. I thought the ceremony was classy.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I watched the service on ESPN2 and I thought it was a beautiful tribute -- very tasteful but not too formal. I especially enjoyed hearing from Tamika, Mickie, and Holly. I must say, it was hard not to think about Tyler's "other" problems since this is the first time he has surfaced to the public eye since he left Ruston.

I really enjoyed seeing so many former players and fellow coaches in the audience; it was fun trying to see how many of them I could pick out. I was very pleased to see that Geno made the trip to Knoxville to pay his respects.

The article linked below says that attendance was between 6,000 and 7,000. It's a great turnout, but if anything I'm surprised that not more people showed up, considering how devoted the fan base in Knoxville has always been. I was half-expecting the arena to get filled.

Between 6,000 and 7,000 turn out for Pat Summitt Celebration of Life

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the Pastor was very touching...

must have been tought to see Coach Summitt go thru this... damn dementia/Alzheimer’s is a beast. I wish it on no one

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
From today :)

With all due respect, the folks on this UConn board would rather see this picture.

CnXUtxVWYAA9vhY.jpg

Reaction Score
I watched the service on ESPN2 and I thought it was a beautiful tribute -- very tasteful but not too formal. I especially enjoyed hearing from Tamika, Mickie, and Holly. I must say, it was hard not to think about Tyler's "other" problems since this is the first time he has surfaced to the public eye since he left Ruston.

I really enjoyed seeing so many former players and fellow coaches in the audience; it was fun trying to see how many of them I could pick out. I was very pleased to see that Geno made the trip to Knoxville to pay his respects.

The article linked below says that attendance was between 6,000 and 7,000. It's a great turnout, but if anything I'm surprised that not more people showed up, considering how devoted the fan base in Knoxville has always been. I was half-expecting the arena to get filled.

Between 6,000 and 7,000 turn out for Pat Summitt Celebration of Life

Perhaps people stayed away because they thought it would be filled and they didn't want to get stuck outside??

It was a beautiful ceremony. I got choked up when Peyton Manning described his meeting Chamique Holdsclaw after the funeral and she told him what Coach Summitt said when she saw him on TV. She couldn't remember his name but she said " He is my friend that comes to see me. That's my friend".

Damn this disease and what it does to people. It is as evil as cancer.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, the folks on this UConn board would rather see this picture.

CnXUtxVWYAA9vhY.jpg

ESPN showed Geno a couple of times and I thought he looked very uncomfortable. I wonder what was going through his mind. I hope he is feeling OK.

Reaction Score
Why are people surprised that Geno went? He may come off as an ass but he's really a great guy.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link to the celebration, DC. I'm just starting to watch it but already wish the beginning would have been just listening to Amazing Grace and not listening to the voice over. Less is more. Let the moment speak for itself.

Reaction Score
Why are people surprised that Geno went? He may come off as an ass but he's really a great guy.
The good works of Geno , Christine and the team more than by any measure out weight his being an ASS at times. This picture proves it big time.
With the urinating contest between Geno and UT you'd think UT would be the last place he'd be--but he respect Pat for what she and he have done for WBB and being big enough to take on a fledgling UConn.
Geno and Christine go by the old philosophy of hiding their good works under a basket--you only see the tip of their ice berg...

Reaction Score
Perhaps people stayed away because they thought it would be filled and they didn't want to get stuck outside??

It was a beautiful ceremony. I got choked up when Peyton Manning described his meeting Chamique Holdsclaw after the funeral and she told him what Coach Summitt said when she saw him on TV. She couldn't remember his name but she said " He is my friend that comes to see me. That's my friend".

Damn this disease and what it does to people. It is as evil as cancer.[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
I wasn't surprised to see Geno there. There were quite many coaches there.. I thought the ceremony was classy.
Besides many coaches, VolNation list a number of politicians and "over 25 basketball officials" as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom