Passport for St Thomas VI? | The Boneyard

Passport for St Thomas VI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could someone who has taken this trip tell me if you need a passport to fly to St Thomas in the Virgin Islands? I've looked online and seem to get two different answers.

Reaction Score
Not if you are a US citizen.

http://www.visitusvi.com/travel_transportation/from_here

When traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. citizens enjoy all the conveniences of domestic travel – including on-line check-in – making travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands easier than ever. As a United States Territory, travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands does not require a passport for U.S. citizens arriving from Puerto Rico or the U.S. mainland. Entry requirements for non-U.S. citizens are the same as for entering the United States from any foreign destination. Upon departure, a passport is required for all but U.S. citizens.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
But how do they know if you are a citizen without your passport?
In the past, a photo id, such as a driver's license, would get it done. But I have not been down there since before 9/11, so that may not to be true anymore.

Reaction Score
But how do they know if you are a citizen without your passport?

How do they know you're a citizen if you're flying from CT to California?
There's no difference here.

And air travel always requires a photo ID.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
How do they know you're a citizen if you're flying from CT to California?
There's no difference here.

And air travel always requires a photo ID.
Only caveat is that you probably will need a passport if you want to visit any off the nearby British Virgin Islands.

Reaction Score
According to this site you will need a government issued id card (drivers license) and should take along your birth certificate to prove citizenship. While BC in not required, it does suggest that it might make leaving the USVI a little easier because the USVI is considered a port of entry.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Only caveat is that you probably will need a passport if you want to visit any off the nearby British Virgin Islands.

This^^^^

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
When you're leaving the airport at St. Thomas to head home, TSA definitely wants to see a passport. You should absolutely take yours, even if you're not planning a side trip to the BVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom