Passing the ball | The Boneyard

Passing the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boise has played Ole Miss and Colorodo St. Ole Miss is #18 in the country and put up nearly 400 yards in the air against Boise. Colorodo St. put up over 400 yards passing against Boise.

UConn has played BYU and SB. BYU is 62nd in passing yards allowed. UConn had almost double the passing yards against BYU than Texas did. Yes, we had Casey at that time. Whitmer had 113 yards on 8 completions against BYU. Texas had 176 yards on 20 completions. What the numbers say is UConn performed better than Texas vs. a stout BYU team and Whitmer had a better day statistically than Swoopes from Texas.

Whitmer's strengths match up better than expected vs. Boise.
Boise is suseptable to the pass and are very good at run defense. We need big plays to stay in this game. I personally fully expect to see 7-10 pass attempts over 20 yards for the Huskys. Our runners are going to see more screen passes and maybe a pitch or two instead of straight run plays.

This game will be fun to watch. I bet some big plays happen for UConn on Saturday.

What are your thoughts?

Reaction Score
Also, we now have Casey doing the scouting report on Boise D for our QB. I personally like this. He sees things on the same level as Whitmer. Both are college QBs.

Reaction Score
Al Davidson had it right: Just win, baby! That's what I want.

And don't forget Hidecki Lombardisan who said

"You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."

Reaction Score
Boise has played Ole Miss and Colorodo St. Ole Miss is #18 in the country and put up nearly 400 yards in the air against Boise. Colorodo St. put up over 400 yards passing against Boise.

UConn has played BYU and SB. BYU is 62nd in passing yards allowed. UConn had almost double the passing yards against BYU than Texas did. Yes, we had Casey at that time. Whitmer had 113 yards on 8 completions against BYU. Texas had 176 yards on 20 completions. What the numbers say is UConn performed better than Texas vs. a stout BYU team and Whitmer had a better day statistically than Swoopes from Texas.

Whitmer's strengths match up better than expected vs. Boise.
Boise is suseptable to the pass and are very good at run defense. We need big plays to stay in this game. I personally fully expect to see 7-10 pass attempts over 20 yards for the Huskys. Our runners are going to see more screen passes and maybe a pitch or two instead of straight run plays.

This game will be fun to watch. I bet some big plays happen for UConn on Saturday.

What are your thoughts?

ESPNU actually had the Boise/CSU game on replay last night and after watching most of it I agree they are vulnerable to the pass as CSU had receives open all day. That is the good news. Unfortunately though we've seen the Witmer dog and pony show too many times and I have very little confidence that he can hit his spots to keep us in the game.

Reaction Score
ESPNU actually had the Boise/CSU game on replay last night and after watching most of it I agree they are vulnerable to the pass as CSU had receives open all day. That is the good news. Unfortunately though we've seen the Witmer dog and pony show too many times and I have very little confidence that he can hit his spots to keep us in the game.
True. We need Whitmer to hit receivers. Also we need our receivers to step up and help him out

Reaction Score
True. We need Whitmer to hit receivers. Also we need our receivers to step up and help him out

You are asking him to do something he has been unable to in 2+ years. Based on track record, I am not optimistic.

Reaction Score
I hate to sound like a Whitmer hater but he is simply not a leader out there and he does not instill the same faith that Casey did. He honestly reminds me of a poor man's Zach Frazer where his ceiling is "not losing the game" vs being a playmaker. Unfortunately we do not have an NFL running back or a solid O-Line to give the offense some semblance of competence like we did '07-'10.

Reaction Score
Everyone who has ever been relatively good at a sport, any sport, has games where you are the best player on the field. Most of the time you perform to what your norm is, but we have games that are exceptional occasionally.
What I'm saying here is that Whitmer has a decent opportunity against Boise to have one of those games. If he gets in the zone, he will have open receivers on Saturday.
Yes, he needs to have a game that is exceptional compared to his norm. Certainly all D1 athletes have the potential to have one of these games. Let's hope it's tomorrow for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I can't wait for this Saturday. I'll actually be at the game.

I'll admit I haven't watched any of Boise's games, but it seems like the secondary is getting chewed up and spit out. I don't think we'll need to go deep much in this game. Keep it simple and see if the LB's can cover our TE's or match the speed of Foxx and Newsome. I'm saying Newsome because I think he should get a few snaps at slot reciever or wideout to get him the ball and some open space. Like I've said before slants and screens to get the ball in our playmakers hands and I believe plays will be made, especially against a weak secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom