Pasqualoni's Latest Victim: This Board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni's Latest Victim: This Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If the team can come back and beat Maryland, then this will be seen as an abberation. KState lost as well, in a bigger upset. Oregon State, #25, lost to a FCS school in an even bigger upset. Nova gave BC trouble. WVU struggled with William & Mary. Towson gave LSU problems last year. No excuses for the horrible performance, but we picked a good week to have a terrible game, as we were far from alone. A win this week will go far.

UConn doesn't play this week.

What's the old joke? The bye week is favored by 3.

Reaction Score
Or it was a long Labor Day weekend and people have beer things to do then to post negative venting rants on The Boneyard. Many a person even made it a 4 day weekend by taking Friday off from work, where most are already in front of the computer.

Freudian slip?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
hahahaha...yeah probably.

Reaction Score
I don't think the Towson game standing alone really matters for UConn in conference realignment. It's more about whether it's feeding into the perception (whether it's fair or not) that UConn isn't going to provide football value to a power conference. Note that no matter how bad Rutgers and Maryland might be on the field in a given year, the states of New Jersey and Maryland are the top football recruit producing states in the Northeast, so they still provide "football value" in other ways (and why they're given much more of a pass). Believe me - that mattered quite a bit to the Big Ten in addition to the TV households and academics. The Big Ten moneymaking machine only works as long as the football product on the field is compelling and the presidents see the demographic trends of where football players are coming from. New Jersey and Maryland were the two top football recruit producing states that were not (a) already in the Big Ten footprint and (b) in the Sun Belt. That wasn't an accident and why it was a lot more of a complex decision than just how many BTN viewers were going to be added.

I believe that UConn has a lot of positive attributes in terms of market location and its basketball brand name. However, where I disagree with some posters here is that I don't think UConn is going to get *any* benefit of the doubt from the 5 power conferences on the football front. The academics, basketball accomplishments and New England location might be good, but they're not enough unless the school can at least show some football competence (much less prowess). The Marylands and Rutgers of the world were born in the right locations and have been around long enough at the FBS level to make their on-the-field accomplishments matter less compared to what UConn is going to need to do.

Reaction Score
I don't think the Towson game standing alone really matters for UConn in conference realignment. It's more about whether it's feeding into the perception (whether it's fair or not) that UConn isn't going to provide football value to a power conference. Note that no matter how bad Rutgers and Maryland might be on the field in a given year, the states of New Jersey and Maryland are the top football recruit producing states in the Northeast, so they still provide "football value" in other ways (and why they're given much more of a pass). Believe me - that mattered quite a bit to the Big Ten in addition to the TV households and academics. The Big Ten moneymaking machine only works as long as the football product on the field is compelling and the presidents see the demographic trends of where football players are coming from. New Jersey and Maryland were the two top football recruit producing states that were not (a) already in the Big Ten footprint and (b) in the Sun Belt. That wasn't an accident and why it was a lot more of a complex decision than just how many BTN viewers were going to be added.

I believe that UConn has a lot of positive attributes in terms of market location and its basketball brand name. However, where I disagree with some posters here is that I don't think UConn is going to get *any* benefit of the doubt from the 5 power conferences on the football front. The academics, basketball accomplishments and New England location might be good, but they're not enough unless the school can at least show some football competence (much less prowess). The Marylands and Rutgers of the world were born in the right locations and have been around long enough at the FBS level to make their on-the-field accomplishments matter less compared to what UConn is going to need to do.

We were "competent" until two years ago. We were first counted as D-1 in 2002 and joined the BE in 2004. We had decent success, especially for a new program. (We beat ACC darling Syracuse 5 straight times.) We had been on a decent trajectory until January 2011 and then Pasqualoni appeared...

The Towson game does not "make or break" CR for UConn. But, UConn has to get back to being at least competent quickly. IMO, we will not do that with Pasqualoni at the helm.
Importantly, there is a sense of urgency about it and Manuel has to appreciate that. There is not much a margin of error for UConn. I think change will be made quickly if the Maryland and Michigan games go badly.

Reaction Score
One game is one game......and one game can change a perception.

Clemson was whipped by WVU in the bowl as the Mountaineers put up 70 points on them......................Perception...WVU is a worldbeater, Clemson is dog chow.

Fast forward to the next bowl season...Clemson beats LSU...Syracuse slaps WVU around...perception?

Clemson is in Top 10 of current AP and Coaches...WVU is NR.

Reaction Score

You are beginning to annoy me.

We actually do win championships. Football prowess? This Rutgers thing is not consistent. You will find that ... over the arc of years ... Connecticut/UConn builds championship Programs in multiple sports. Rutgers will give you scandals. I don't think you've even scratched the surface of some of the Schiano things we know. They just, sometimes, seem very very odd.

Reaction Score
You are beginning to annoy me.

We actually do win championships. Football prowess? This Rutgers thing is not consistent. You will find that ... over the arc of years ... Connecticut/UConn builds championship Programs in multiple sports. Rutgers will give you scandals. I don't think you've even scratched the surface of some of the Schiano things we know. They just, sometimes, seem very very odd.
Just to show my sense of humor Pudge.I know frankthetank irks many here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom