Pasqualoni fired | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Go over to the FB board to observe the screams of ecstasy.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Even this confirmed non-UConn fan is happy for you. No one deserves what happened to your football program.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
'PP fired' thread over on the FB board is indeed great entertainment !! :p

My fav post:

Our long national nightmare is over
tumblr_m6ywzicuum1rs97fco1_500-gif.3826

Reaction Score
This shouldn't be surprise to anybody!

Actually I'm quite surprised it happened now. Midseason firings are rare, and when he wasnt fired yesterday, I assumed it wouldn't occur until late in the season.

Reaction Score
As a frustrated football fan, and after the sorrowful weekend I went through (both as a pet owner and a fan of UConn football) I am elated. This brought the first smile to my face since the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing personal against Paul Pasqualoni and I do not wish bad things for him. By all accounts, he is a great guy and runs a clean program. But, as a fan of UConn football, this is a change that HAD to be made to stop the bleeding, both in terms of losses as well as fan defections. Or worse yet, the possible decommittment of verballed recruits. Not saying that there will be any wins this season, or that recruits won't change their minds. But at least the message has been sent that UConn is serious about producing a better quality of football product, and is willing to make the difficult changes needed to achieve that goal.

It was a bad hire from the start. PP once was a very good football coach, but that was then. It is clear he isn't able to get the job done now. Just glad that Warde and Susan made the decision now to try to salvage something of the season before conference play starts.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It is very apparent UConn needs to build their football program before they can get into one of the major conferences. This firing imo is a message they will be looking for a coach who can take them to the next level where they can compete with the best.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Actually I'm quite surprised it happened now. Midseason firings are rare, and when he wasnt fired yesterday, I assumed it wouldn't occur until late in the season.

It's a bye week, which may have helped with the timing.

And while rare, I saw Kiffin fired recently, which made my day.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I wonder if there are any UCONN homers in the NFL coaching ranks that they might be able to lure back home, with the opportunity to rebuild?

Or will they cast their lot with a hot up-and-comer in the college world?

Or something else entirely? I think they have to go big, and probably spend big.

Big decision for the school and the entire AD. BIG.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
'bout time. Having said that not sure who they go after now.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If you can't beat Towson or Buffalo, you shouldn't be employed.

Reaction Score
Burton responded in a private letter to the AD, according to everything I have read. It was the AD who made it a public pi..ing match.

Jim

Reaction Score
Burton responded in a private letter to the AD, according to everything I have read. It was the AD who made it a public pi..ing match.

If he had carried out his threat to take the family's name off of the building, don't you think someone would have noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom