Pasqualoni article from CBS Sports | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni article from CBS Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
CBSSports.com just put out an article about UConn and Pasqualoni. It talks about Pasqualoni trying to ignore the sentiment that he could lose his job this year if the team doesn't turn it around.

Maybe I have missed it, but where has that heat come from? Besides a few people here on the boneyard..I haven't seen anyone calling for PP's job. Did CBSSports just make this up for an interesting article? Or is there growing sentiment that he could be gone and I am just missing it?

Paul Pasqualoni says he tries to ignore the building chatter that he could be a one year-and done head coach at Connecticut unless the Huskies' season takes a dramatic turn for the better.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...uconns-pasqualoni-focused-on-wins-not-critics

Reaction Score
Under Hathaway it would never happen, but Herbst seems to be a "no gal", maybe it's possible.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Just saw that. I am not pleased with the coaches right now but firing him would be ridiculous. What coach would want to come here if we are firing our coaches after 10 months?

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
I'm not even going to bother hitting the link to some Hack sports writer on CBS trolling for hits.

Reaction Score
It's so annoying I don't know what to do. Can we change the title of the discussion?

Recruiting through this point of the year is better than ever. We've landed the top two local offensive talents in the state. We got the chance as the year goes on to land the best recruiting class ever.

We've taken a walk on QB and gone from the dumps to a very productive offensive performance in one month.

We've completely - and I mean 100% completely changed our defensive philosophy and we had a real bad growing lesson last week but still rank in the top 30 I think in the country in overall defense.

We've got a coaching staff that has managed to successfully implement, not one, not two, but three offensive packages into a team in 7 months.

WE've got in that very article posted, a head coach of the current #16 team in the country saying he's watched every snap of UConn football for 2011 and says that the team is giving everything they've got and we're very close to 5-0, rather than 2-3, as those of us who really watch and understand already know too.

Garbage, garbage, garbage journalism. And the title of this thread should be changed.

Ultimately, without a doubt, performance is judged by wins and losses.

I am very confident that we are headed in the right direction, and there is absolutely no reason to think that these coaches are failing in anything that they are working toward achieving, nor is there any reason to think the players are failing in working toward what they want to achieve.

HUGE game on Saturday.

Reaction Score
CBSSports.com just put out an article about UConn and Pasqualoni. It talks about Pasqualoni trying to ignore the sentiment that he could lose his job this year if the team doesn't turn it around.

Maybe I have missed it, but where has that heat come from? Besides a few people here on the boneyard..I haven't seen anyone calling for PP's job. Did CBSSports just make this up for an interesting article? Or is there growing sentiment that he could be gone and I am just missing it?

Paul Pasqualoni says he tries to ignore the building chatter that he could be a one year-and done head coach at Connecticut unless the Huskies' season takes a dramatic turn for the better.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...uconns-pasqualoni-focused-on-wins-not-critics

Without being at all harsh on you, this is not a story and it would be much, much better off if crap like this is ignored rather than given more play than it deserves by pointing out its existence.

Reaction Score
Just saw that. I am not pleased with the coaches right now but firing him would be ridiculous. What coach would want to come here if we are firing our coaches after 10 months?

This.

I have a lot of issues right now with coaching decisions and discipline, but Coach P has a solid track record. Give him some time to implement his system and get more players that fit his system (by the way, that is not an indictment of the players we currently have on our team). Its not like Greg Robinson at Syracuse who had zero success as a BCS head coach.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni is OK. UConn's got much bigger issues than him right now.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Without being at all harsh on you, this is not a story and it would be much, much better off if crap like this is ignored rather than given more play than it deserves by pointing out its existence.
Would that advice apply to this as well???

Reaction Score
I think its ridiculous to throw out suggestions like HCPP may possibly be a one and done....

Coach comes in here with no starting qb, losing an all american running back, etc. You can't judge a coach's level of success on year one. Let him recruit his players, install his system completely, etc and then we can start to judge his coaching ability

Reaction Score
Congratulations to all the fans of UCONN football. We've now reached the big time.

Every weekend if our team loses we call for our coach's head.

I had the over at 6 games before the url www.firecoachP.com was established. I think I am out of the money.

Reaction Score
I think its ridiculous to throw out suggestions like HCPP may possibly be a one and done....

Coach comes in here with no starting qb, losing an all american running back, etc. You can't judge a coach's level of success on year one. Let him recruit his players, install his system completely, etc and then we can start to judge his coaching ability

He has good players..maybe not great..but good players. He has been atrocious thus far. Special teams are a mess, there are numerous examples of costly disorganization, failures in in-game adjustments on both sides of the ball, poor execution by players, increased penalties, etc. I would rather be singing his praises, but there is zero that has impressed me.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I think anything is certainly possible, but let us give him the rest of the season some time to shake out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom