Parrish: Memphis looking at Penny Hardaway for next head coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Parrish: Memphis looking at Penny Hardaway for next head coach

Reaction Score
It’s unbelievable that with all the scrunity on the AAU underworld that Memphis would go in this direction. If there was ever a doubt that Memphis was a complete garbage school this should erase all doubt.

I hate being associated with trash schools like this. I don’t believe in God and have huge issues with organized religion but this makes me miss the days we had to deal with the hypocritical and corrupt Catholic schools in the real BE.

Reaction Score
Memphis has fallen so quickly. This is what happens when you join a better conference. That C-USA business was an utter, complete joke. It totally exposed them, and now they're suffering BADLY.

Reaction Score
Memphis has fallen so quickly. This is what happens when you join a better conference. That C-USA business was an utter, complete joke. It totally exposed them, and now they're suffering BADLY.
The sad thing is that we would be the 5th best team in that conference.

Reaction Score
Memphis is scared of penny getting snagged by someone like Kentucky or another p5 school as an assistant for his recruiting/aau ties. He will bring in studs not sure how well he can coach though

Reaction Score
Penny is a great hire for them. Would bring in a ton of recruits. Seems like a great guy who’s deeply tied to the community there. His high school team appears to be well coached.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
How could they fire Tubby? Don't they know he won a national championship? Who are they going to get that can say the same thing?

Maybe someone more recently than 20 years ago without much of a sniff since?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The new blaze strategy: KO head coach, Rick Pitino head assistant, Chill head of recruiting.
Pass.

Reaction Score
I think what UConn can take away from this situation is a perfect example of what desperation looks like. The window is closing fast on the G5 and the fight for relevancy is real. Look for more schools to throw a hail mary. Memphis has nothing to lose and Penny is the perfect fit(for them).

Reaction Score
Penny is a great hire for them. Would bring in a ton of recruits. Seems like a great guy who’s deeply tied to the community there. His high school team appears to be well coached.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Mempiss lmao

Reaction Score
The transfer stuff is crap. It is related to the idea that you’ll get to the nba better I think. I get a guy occasionally picks the wrong place, gets homesick or whatever but really it has gotten ridiculous lately. Might as well just let everyone become a free agent and get drafted each year.

It is kind of a version of everyone gets s trophy. Not getting enough pt? Just transfer. Or you could put in extra work, but who wants to do that when you can just move to a new place.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The transfer stuff is crap. It is related to the idea that you’ll get to the nba better I think. I get a guy occasionally picks the wrong place, gets homesick or whatever but really it has gotten ridiculous lately. Might as well just let everyone become a free agent and get drafted each year.

It is kind of a version of everyone gets s trophy. Not getting enough pt? Just transfer. Or you could put in extra work, but who wants to do that when you can just move to a new place.

Interesting to see your thoughts on Enoch, Durham, and Jackson transferring have done a total 180. What prompted this?

CL82

Reaction Score
Come on, the image of Pitino in his matching all white suit standing next to Jonathan doesn't make the conspiracy kitty all warm and fuzzy inside?
vomit2.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Blaaaach!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’d be down for keeping Ollie if chill was demoted(not fired), and pitino came on as head assistant to help him develop his in game coaching. Hate the man all you want, he’s one of the best in game college coaches, and he’s readily available.

Reaction Score
I’d be down for keeping Ollie if chill was demoted(not fired), and pitino came on as head assistant to help him develop his in game coaching. Hate the man all you want, he’s one of the best in game college coaches, and he’s readily available.

And no school or AD will touch pitino. His college coaching career is done for life as head coach and assistant

Reaction Score
And no school or AD will touch pitino. His college coaching career is done for life as head coach and assistant
If Larry Brown can constantly resurface, there will be a time Pitino will as well. At some point, yet another school will make a deal with the devil. It always happens and it always surprising. That said, lets pray that UConn never has to stoop that low.

CL82

Reaction Score
Satan.jpg

"Yes, yes... hire Pitino, he is the answer to all your problems... Bwaaaahaaahaaha!"

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Memphis Tigers coach Tubby Smith to meet with university administrators on Tuesday

Memphis men’s basketball coach Tubby Smith is scheduled to meet with university administrators on Tuesday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the situation.

Although Smith hasn’t been told what the meeting is about, one athletic department official said he is expecting to receive clarity on the mounting speculation about his job security at Memphis.

Smith just completed his second season as head coach with the Tigers, but a report last week stated that university officials are considering replacing him with former Memphis basketball star Penny Hardaway.

University President M. David Rudd told The Commercial Appeal last Tuesday that, "We're going to evaluate the program at the end of the year."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom