Parking | The Boneyard

Parking

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Where can we park? Waiting 20 minutes to get into either garage is ridiculous. X-lot seems to no more. Did they block off the lots by Ted’s?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
F Lot behind Huskies is free and easy in and out. Just a little bit of a walk.
That’s where I parked. Not a bad walk.

However was a bit disappointing as they used to have a shuttle that ran from there to Gampel.

Needless to say my son was a bit annoyed when after standing there for ten minutes in the lot I find out they aren’t running the shuttle and he had to walk.

Reaction Score
No more shuttle? Damn, I’ve parked in the EO smith high school lot before, ate something in the downtown area and then shuttled to the game. It was nice and easy

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
No more shuttle? Damn, I’ve parked in the EO smith high school lot before, ate something in the downtown area and then shuttled to the game. It was nice and easy
I called their dispatch office when I was standing out there like an idiot and was told they eliminated the game day Gampel dedicated shuttles but could ride the regular UConn circuit ones. Figured not with the time and effort to try to figure that one out.

Reaction Score
what about the lot down from x-lot or the lot in back of Sgt Peps (assuming that cluster of stores is still there)

Reaction Score
F Lot behind Huskies is free and easy in and out. Just a little bit of a walk.
That's what I tend to do too.

Or, if I'm feeling nostalgic for my idyllic single dorm by Whitney Hall, I'll park by East Campus and walk from there.

A brisk walk feels good before/after sitting for two hours, but I get the frustration for people who have trouble getting around.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Purchased a season parking pass for South Garage and the attendants didn't even know what it was - UConn is so confused about nearly everything lately
Like - have to wear a mask but lets do a "Best White Teeth Smile" contest during timeouts!!!

Reaction Score
Purchased a season parking pass for South Garage and the attendants didn't even know what it was - UConn is so confused about nearly everything lately
Like - have to wear a mask but lets do a "Best White Teeth Smile" contest during timeouts!!!

should park in lot behind McMahon (or whatever its called these days) and just saying your a grad student studying at the library.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's what I tend to do too.

Or, if I'm feeling nostalgic for my idyllic single dorm by Whitney Hall, I'll park by East Campus and walk from there.

A brisk walk feels good before/after sitting for two hours, but I get the frustration for people who have trouble getting around.
When did you have a single in Whitney? I had one there for my first semester in Fall 1984 because I committed late (was hoping to get off Georgetown wait list) and it was a temporary dorm that year. After one semester we got slotted second behind University Scholars for room draw, so we had a pretty good selection to choose among.

Reaction Score
When did you have a single in Whitney? I had one there for my first semester in Fall 1984 because I committed late (was hoping to get off Georgetown wait list) and it was a temporary dorm that year. After one semester we got slotted second behind University Scholars for room draw, so we had a pretty good selection to choose among.
2007-2008.

I was a senior English major, so the single room, the location (near CLAS) and the vibe was right up my alley. The organic/local food in the dining hall was incredible and I loved being near the farms. I had a corner room, so it had great light and nice views of Horsebarn Hill.

As a senior, I already had a tight knit group of friends, so I had no problem being in an anti-social dorm, especially since the place was mostly empty on the weekends. My RA was younger than me and I was also the only 21-year-old in the building, so my RA was like basically, just don't do anything overly loud or stupid and you'll never hear from me. It was basically total freedom in the dorms, which was great.

I also liked being walking distance from the no-cover bars on 195, Tequila Cove was the one I frequented the most.

Reaction Score
UConn is so confused about nearly everything lately
yeah I thought that was lame, too!

Reaction Score
LOL. I heard that during the game too but it was clearly the announcer being a doofus. Since pre-COVID, the Dentist promo has been for people to stand up and do the "floss" dance.

dance party basketball GIF by NBA

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

They moved the VIP parking from south garage to behind gampel/werth too. But no one knows how to get in including people directing cars!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom