Parking $$$ up again... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Parking $$$ up again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
My parking bill for Cuse games arrived: $175 for 6 games plus a donation of at least $125 to get the right to park there. My lot is pretty close to the Dome but not the highest level.

OP needs to bitch about something else...What is the Aero Club? $10-15 with heated, indoor toilets and grassy fields. Personally I'd go there to tailgate...best setup in the league the last 7-8 years running.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we need to stop talking about that lot.

Reaction Score
Have to agree with Whaler. Parking is a joke. Blue especially. You can pretty much park with a blue crayon colored phony parking pass. They whisk you in an and jack your cars ever so close. Then you get out of your car like a jail break to set up your tailgate. Nobody gives a f@ck, nobody checks

Last 2, maybe three games this year they collected perforated stub from bottom of ticket when you got into lot. They caught on...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Have to agree with Whaler. Parking is a joke. Blue especially. You can pretty much park with a blue crayon colored phony parking pass. They whisk you in an and jack your cars ever so close. Then you get out of your car like a jail break to set up your tailgate. Nobody gives a f@ck, nobody checks

They cracked down halfway through the last season. Checked to an annoying degree. Would love to hear their reasoning for the amount of staff they had that ignored counterfeits for years.

Parking has been the new waste management for a decade - Laz may be the biggest scam in history.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I remember the 1st game at The Rent, I think the basic parking pass was light blue and very low tech.

We photocopied the out of that thing just so we could park on the runway! My tailgate was 8 trucks deep for that Indiana game and I can still remember the parking lot attendant clinging to the runningboard of my brother's Ford Excursion when he realized we were flying bootleg parking passes.

How did we lose Laray to Indiana?

Reaction Score
You do realize that UConn doesn't control the price of parking at the Rent and that they don't get any of the parking revenue.
Not a problem my friend, I am simply for building our program. Yes I know the parking scams that are going on everywhere. It stinks that a single person can buy a top of the rent ticket for less than it would cost him/her to park.
I will continue to bitch on all forums possible for Warde and Susan to change the situation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just can't get too upset about an increase that amounts to about the cost of 1/2 a beer per game. I've got other things to get pissed about.

Reaction Score
Sorry, just not something to get worked up about.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Also worth noting there were 6 home games last year, opposed to 7 this year so of course prices went up. It'd be nice if nothing changed but welcome to reality
UI welcome to reality as you are off to a rough start. When commenting here it is always a good idea to read the post and not just the title. Upon doing so you will see the number of games was factored in. My gripe is the % and the fact they just went up last year.........

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If they have any sense they will adjust year three of the agreement because if they don't have a new home by 15 the backlash will be unbelievable.

I am sure they will wait until they have 25,000 for a game and then drop the prices mid season further infuriating season ticket holders.

I'd amend that to 2014. If 12 months from now we aren't in a new conference. Season tickets will plummet. I'd put the over/under at 10,000.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Do you think the state lets LAZ make money tax free? UConn does eventually get something from the parking fees.

UConn dooesn't get enough of the parking for it to make a difference. The most likely cause of the parking increase is due to the state admissions tax that went into affect as of July 2011. It's a 10% state fee right off the top for everything from a bar cover charge to parking to sporting event tickets. One think is for sure, about 75% of those orange jacketed "parking attendants" are worthless, but it's probably in some union contract that they are necessary depending on the number of expected cars (most likely estimated at capacity).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom