Parking Scam | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Parking Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Remember when this thread was about QR parking scams and not credit scores?

Reaction Score
I had an 848 credit score once. Have you ever seen that? I have. Credit history matters.
Cancelling your credit card doesn’t affect your credit score. But paying off you mortgages and car loans will definitely lower your credit score. So if you have a 848 score it simply means you are carrying an extremely high level of debt but you are making all of your payments.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This thread can't be serious, am I supposed to care about someone's credit score?
It's supposed to be about avoiding QR scans at a parking facility.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
JFC he didn’t cancel an a credit account he got a card reissued you people are all morons
Hey tough guy, my response was clearly referring to poster in #35 not the OP. Grow up.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Hey tough guy, my response was clearly referring to poster in #35 not the OP. Grow up.
The guy who rightfully said cancelling a card, like OP did, won’t affect your credit score? He’s clearly referring to cancelling a CARD and having it reissued, like OP did, not cancelling a credit ACCOUNT.

Reaction Score
Cancelling your credit card doesn’t affect your credit score. But paying off you mortgages and car loans will definitely lower your credit score. So if you have a 848 score it simply means you are carrying an extremely high level of debt but you are making all of your payments.
I think you have to show the ability to be debt free before you can get a high rating with high debt.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Now that there is a Boneyard MD board we need a Boneyard CFP board.

Screw it. Turn this whole thing in to UConn Reddit with subreddits.

Reaction Score
The first two sentences are correct. The rest is inaccurate. Paying off a mortgage or loan does negatively affects credit score because you are closing accounts, reducing available credit, and reducing types of credit you have. To get an exceptionally high rating, you need multiple types of lines of credit, an impeccable payment history and a good debt-to-equity ratio.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's a weird one indeed.

Sadly, or funny enough, it's not even top 5 for weird flexes on this forum.
It actually might be. Definitely on the list anyway. The one off was quirky but wasn't all that bad, but doubling down and asking people to beat it was hysterical. The fact that he's reminiscing about it "I once had an 848 credit score" is pretty good stuff as well. Granted, not love potion good, but still pretty good.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
This thread can't be serious, am I supposed to care about someone's credit score?

At least when he's talking parking and credit cards

GG

Reaction Score
I had 848. Damaging your credit score isn't worth $50. IT's stupid.
The credit card is simply reissuing his credit card. It does not impact his credit score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom