Parents ruining kids sports: Ban parents from games? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Parents ruining kids sports: Ban parents from games?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I ref travel basketball.

a large problem is that the coaches do nothing to curtail this behavior acting line complete idiots on the sidelines themselves.

if it wasn’t decent money, in cash, I wouldn’t even bother at this point. I didn’t miss not having games at all during covid, just the lost money in my account lol

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
a large problem is that the coaches do nothing to curtail this behavior acting line complete idiots on the sidelines themselves.
Thanks for this comment, as I now have brainstormed a bunch of things to say to parents and kids in the fall rec soccer league. Kids need to know that no matter what, coaches will praise effort. Winning is great, but be a good sport when you don't (too many 9 y/o this season going thru the elbow bump line with scowls and not saying good game, nice job!). Parents need to hear that teams are made up of all different skill levels, strengths, development ops (see there - not weaknesses), and that our job as coaches is to develop the team and oh yeah, have some fun.

As an aside, last night we had practice. It wasn't my best effort, as I had my 2nd vax on Wed, and it hit me a little that night. I still ran around with 8-9 y/o like a crazy woman, laughed, joked, cajoled, and praised them on the little things. When I was showing someone how to do a throw in at the end, the dad came up and said you coaches are doing a great job with this team. I then went to bed at 8 pm. LOL.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Thanks for this comment, as I now have brainstormed a bunch of things to say to parents and kids in the fall rec soccer league. Kids need to know that no matter what, coaches will praise effort. Winning is great, but be a good sport when you don't (too many 9 y/o this season going thru the elbow bump line with scowls and not saying good game, nice job!). Parents need to hear that teams are made up of all different skill levels, strengths, development ops (see there - not weaknesses), and that our job as coaches is to develop the team and oh yeah, have some fun.

As an aside, last night we had practice. It wasn't my best effort, as I had my 2nd vax on Wed, and it hit me a little that night. I still ran around with 8-9 y/o like a crazy woman, laughed, joked, cajoled, and praised them on the little things. When I was showing someone how to do a throw in at the end, the dad came up and said you coaches are doing a great job with this team. I then went to bed at 8 pm. LOL.

yes. It’s travel basketball, not the final four.

the point of travel ball is to have fun and develop players for the high school programs

the coaches love to make it about them

Reaction Score
yes. It’s travel basketball, not the final four.

the point of travel ball is to have fun and develop players for the high school programs

the coaches love to make it about them
Unfortunately...it's become BUSINESS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom