Parents on Signing Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Parents on Signing Day

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes.

He is a kid having fun in a spotlight he didn't create. Those who watch ESPN, read recruiting mags, and frequent internet site about college athletics...that would be us, made that stage. Why shouldn't he have a little fun? It isn't my style, but what harm did he cause? Stop watching, reading, clicking and it will stop. Can't light matches then complain about the smoke.

You contend this kid is a victim? Not buying it.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
It's a dysfunctional "Jerry Springer" family. They managed to ruin what could have been one of the best days of their lives.

Pathetic.

Reaction Score
Yes.

He is a kid having fun in a spotlight he didn't create. Those who watch ESPN, read recruiting mags, and frequent internet site about college athletics...that would be us, made that stage. Why shouldn't he have a little fun? It isn't my style, but what harm did he cause? Stop watching, reading, clicking and it will stop. Can't light matches then complain about the smoke.

You’re not wrong, but that was cringeworthy.

Reaction Score
Yes.

Got to say when adults give immature teenagers a giant stage, a false sense of self importance, and no rules of decorum, you get what you see. If it was my kid, there would be a foot up his for showing no class.

Reaction Score
You contend this kid is a victim? Not buying it.

Not sure where you saw the word victim in my post, but sure.

He didn't start the fire is all I'm saying. It is his moment. Eliminate threads like this a no one would care by Saturday.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not sure where you saw the word victim in my post, but sure.

He didn't start the fire is all I'm saying. It is his moment. Eliminate threads like this a no one would care by Saturday.
I saw a virtually word for word dictionary definition for it (situations and events that affect and influence your life and that are not in your control).

My point is there are 1,000s of other recruits, 5* even, who are quite a bit more humble and less cavalier with a literally life shaping decision.

It also circles back to the discussion of at what point are these kids no longer considered kids? At what point are consequences attached to their actions? The military "puts a rifle in your hand and sends you off to a foreign land" at 18. How big are those Moms' smiles?

You know how you eliminate it? Adults stop giving kids God-complexes at 17 years old, because at 18, he's just another worm- freshman. They are all 4* at every one of those schools.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No one talking about the dad decked out in Tennessee gear? Kid was completely decked out in crimson as well. Strange he picked Florida

Reaction Score
No one talking about the dad decked out in Tennessee gear? Kid was completely decked out in crimson as well. Strange he picked Florida
Not strange. It was all a PR stunt to be be on espn, YouTube and discussed on place a like the BY. IMHO

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
000- college choice.JPG

Little sister is not impressed.:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek