Pardon My Take - Calhoun Interview | The Boneyard

Pardon My Take - Calhoun Interview

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I can't name five people I admire more than Jim Calhoun.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in person in his old office in Gampel. He was very gracious and took the time out of his busy day to just chat with me. How many other bigtime coaches would have done that? I don't know, but he did, and it cemented my feelings about how incredibly lucky we were to have him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, his grandkids say to him "Hey Papa, get some facts come back and see me."

Look forward to listening to the whole thing when time permits.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Incredible interview. Also claimed KD committed to UConn on a visit

gif.gif

Reaction Score
Incredible interview. Also claimed KD committed to UConn on a visit
Might be misremembering, but I think the story I’ve seen on here is that KD gave a verbal to each of the schools that he visited.

Reaction Score
Might be misremembering, but I think the story I’ve seen on here is that KD gave a verbal to each of the schools that he visited.
Yes, I posted that. I heard from about as good a source as possible that on his visits he told UNC and UConn he was committing to them. Then committed to Texas on his visit there and stuck with that one. I guess he was the type of kid who didn't like to say no to anyone. I can understand how a 17 year old kid might be intimidated by coaches of Calhoun's and Roy Williams's stature and say yes even though they don't mean it. Not saying it's right, just that I can see how it would happen.

Reaction Score
Yes. The audience that these guys bring is……..absolutely massive. This will remind many people of UConn. And it’s a good thing if you are on this show if you want your brand promoted.
I meant from our mindset as fans, who would love to have something that unique. Was referring to the legitimacy of their social media following.

Reaction Score
I’d love to see a Hurley family interview too. Dad, Dan & the dookie
I like Hurley as a coach but he's an objectively terrible interview. That may not be the case if he were not a coach, but by and large he's pretty careful about what he says, and it's largely peppered with athletic clichés.

Reaction Score
I meant from our mindset as fans, who would love to have something that unique. Was referring to the legitimacy of their social media following.
Big Cat grew up in Mass during the Big East days. He's a Wisconsin fan now, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was a UConn fan growing up. He's very open that he loves Calhoun and the old Big East

And it doesn't hurt to have the guy who built our program on the #1 sports podcast in the world for an hour long interview lol

Reaction Score
Big Cat is a Chicago guy. Which actually makes the love for Calhoun even better. We were/are a National program.

This was a great interview. Won’t help with recruiting but just good to have the program in the National spotlight. We are all lucky to have had a legend like JC. The man is a beauty.

Reaction Score
Big Cat is a Chicago guy. Which actually makes the love for Calhoun even better. We were/are a National program.

This was a great interview. Won’t help with recruiting but just good to have the program in the National spotlight. We are all lucky to have had a legend like JC. The man is a beauty.
It is still a plus for recruiting. It puts UConn in the national spotlight and underscores that this is a big time program. Every little bit helps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom