Pardon Me But Lou Is Very Funny | The Boneyard

Pardon Me But Lou Is Very Funny

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gotta get this out of my head. You may recall that Geno said about Lou in connection with rebounding a couple of years ago after a game where she actually snagged a couple: "yeah, you got 2 more than a dead person." Now he is complimenting her as a "really, really, really" complete player as she played 3 games in a row with over 10 rebounds. He says she really is enjoying getting that defensive board and initiating the break. The Cal game was the third in that trilogy. And after the game Lou said something that was so deadpan funny it just keeps bouncing up in my head. I think it is the funniest thing I've heard out of a UConn player in a long, long time. I can only imagine Geno's reaction if indeed he heard or read it!

The line: “It’s sad to say, but once I started rebounding a lot I realized how easy it was.”

My nominee for quote of the year.

Having realized what she just said she babbled out a whole paragraph backpedaling, but it too boiled down to "I decided to do it."

Source: Five takeaways from a physical win over Cal for the UConn women - Hartford Courant

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lou is a natural in front of a camera.

True. Several UConn alums are comfortable on camera. Lobo is super. Kara Wolters is easy and funny. Bird is good and wry but often seems uncomfortable. DT will undoubtedly get a shot at commentary if she wants one. I hope Dolson shows up somewhere. Maya Moore for sure will be given a try if she wants it. Swin Cash is really good.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True. Several UConn alums are comfortable on camera. Lobo is super. Kara Wolters is easy and funny. Bird is good and wry but often seems uncomfortable. DT will undoubtedly get a shot at commentary if she wants one. I hope Dolson shows up somewhere. Maya Moore for sure will be given a try if she wants it. Swin Cash is really good.
It did not come easy to Rebecca though. Her early work was rough, endearing, but rough. Agree that she's a pro's pro now though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm so pleased with her game now- the rebounding, the mid range jumper, the slicing drives - ala Gabby - to the basket, and of course the smooth 3 point stroke - and she is great in front of the camera!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
One of the most eloquent, composed recent alums - Kiah Stokes

Reaction Score

Stephanie Dolson would be an outstanding color comentator !!

Reaction Score
I’d love to see a panel with Wolters, Dolson, Nurse, and Taurasi. To me those are the ones that had the most personality every moment and always had some jokes lined up for the camera.

Reaction Score
DT would be great. She has an incredible understanding of the game and is funny. That said, they would need a 5 second delay if she were commentating.

Reaction Score
She is well spoken but she drives me crazy rocking back and forth during her interviews:)

Lou does that when standing in a huddle as well.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She is well spoken but she drives me crazy rocking back and forth during her interviews:)
Yeah. Well, fortunately she can't do that in a chair. She'll be great behind a mic.

Reaction Score
The dead person quote was first directed at Kara Wolters, who was, and is, a much larger person than Lou. Geno told her you got one rebound, that's one more than a dead person. Lou has been rebounding because it's needed. Napheesa has to battle the bigs, and Lou is helping to ease the load.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The dead person quote was first directed at Kara Wolters, who was, and is, a much larger person than Lou. Geno told her you got one rebound, that's one more than a dead person. Lou has been rebounding because it's needed. Napheesa has to battle the bigs, and Lou is helping to ease the load.

I new that dead person quote was not new to Lou. Geno has started reusing his material eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom