Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Canada leads Cuba 40-35 at the half.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I think Canada got the tougher of the two pairings for the Pan Am games.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Canada leads Cuba 60-48. Kia has 7 points on a made 3 point shot and 4 Free Throws.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Puerto Rico only lost by 5 points to Brazil. Will be interesting to see how they play against USA. Puerto Rico will attempt more three point shots then Cuba has, IF they are hitting them could keep the game close.

I think Canada got the tougher of the two pairings for the Pan Am games.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Fun game to watch. Canada has played very well in spurts. Achonwa has been super one minute, and ghastly awful the next. Nurse hasn't been looking for her shot very much. Fields played well, as did several others.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Canada wins the Game 71-68. Cuba had a chance to tie the game at the Free Throw line. Made 2 of 3 and Canada came down the court to score a basket with 5 seconds left. Canada tried to give away the game. Canada wins the Group and will play 2nd place team which will most likely be Brazil or Puerto Rico. Predict it will be Brazil. Cuba most likely plays USA.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm such a homer, but it looked to me that Kia was not looking for her shot so much because Canada's game is so stilted. Not much flow there. She got that last key rebound and got it out of the traffic - unflappable.

Reaction Score
Fun game to watch. Canada has played very well in spurts. Achonwa has been super one minute, and ghastly awful the next. Nurse hasn't been looking for her shot very much. Fields played well, as did several others.
I only saw the 2nd half - Achonwa looked pretty good to me. At one point the woman announcer said Cuba was tired and couldn't keep up with Canada's speed, but it seemed like they kept up pretty well (she was a Canadian announcer). Nurse seemed underutilized. UCONN would murder this Canadian team. USA team will also probably do that in a couple days.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nurse seemed underutilized.

Yes. She would move to a spot that was "the spot" and no one saw it. Happened a few times. Still, it is a team which is sorting itself out. But, let's face it, Kia has had an intense and successful immersion in Geno Ball with team mates who can make basketball seem like ballet at times, so you can imagine what she's thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom