Pan Am Games - Argentina Eliminated due to Wrong Color Uniforms. | The Boneyard

Pan Am Games - Argentina Eliminated due to Wrong Color Uniforms.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed watching the Argentinian team (both 5 x 5 and 3 x 3) . They gave the US everything in their match and I said elsewhere, deserved to win. Just heart breaking. :mad::mad::mad:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When playing in tournaments of this nature, where you're switching to different color uniforms on any given day, it should be STANDARD protocol for every team to ALWAYS bring BOTH sets of uniforms to the arena for EVERY game to prevent misunderstandings like this.

When my granddaughter's high school basketball team would play in tournaments, it was the head coach's team policy that they ALWAYS brought BOTH color uniforms to ALL of their games just in case, regardless of the color they were scheduled to wear. Sometimes they didn't get dressed until they arrived at the arena. No way to come out in the wrong color uniform doing that.

Once at a holiday tourny, it paid off when the other team showed up (dressed at home) in the wrong color uniform. Simple fix, we changed into our other one (because we brought both), and the game was played as scheduled. Sometimes crap happens that's not your fault. :cool:

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, at least Argentina has won their group match against US Virgin Islands

Game was close with 4' left in Q4 with Argentina up 61-59 but scored the last 12 pts to win 73-59. They play with a nice fluid style and seem well coached so again, what a shame.

Reaction Score
Just posted same under the Pam Am Games thread. Did not notice a thread was started with Argentina's misfortunes.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Eliminated due to Wrong Color Uniforms.

Ive been saying that about TN for years.
I'll make it even more apt - a good many years ago - going on 20, probably, Holdsclaw was still playing at Tennessee, my wife and I attended an OOC tournament at Manhattan College featuring the Vol's - who like Argentina brought the wrong color uniforms, but, unlike Argentina, were not eliminated. Could have been a Holdsclaw home area visit game??

Same tourney, not well attended except for the LV games, I'll never forget Jim Lewis, I think George Mason or one of those schools, who went on to coach in the WNBA, he had a play called "Carolina" that he must have run 100 times in the game. Someone who had interaction with him years later told us that it was still his favorite play to run where-ever he had ended up.

Reaction Score
I think MLK would be rolling over in his grave, to think that after all this time we have not come far enough that players still can not be judged on their play, rather than the color of their jerseys. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom