Pam Ward ESPN | The Boneyard

Pam Ward ESPN

Reaction Score
Pam Ward doing MERCURY vs Lynx tonight with Rebecca. I don’t like Pam Ward’s play by play. She has no energy.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Compared to her counterparts, Ward is pretty good. Not a screamer, and she sticks to the game action. Nice synergy with Lobo.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I was surprised that she wasn't doing play by play at the WCWS but Adam Amin was. (Gagging sounds, he is as bad covering softball as he is at WBB!!!)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with @BigBird - I liked her and Lobo. Called the game, disagreed with refs at times, or called out when something happened that seemed funky to assure the fans the refs got the right call. Kept with the ebb and flow, threw in a few stories, and overall, I enjoyed listening to both of them. It doens't hurt that Ward seems to love UCONN players. But then again, what commentator doesn't?!!

Bottom line is they seemed to really pay attention to the game - which was a nice change from people who just like to hear themselves talk, completely miss a great play and then are like "oh, Stewie for 2"...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Pam Ward doing MERCURY vs Lynx tonight with Rebecca. I don’t like Pam Ward’s play by play. She has no energy.
Energy? She's not supposed to be playing, just reporting on it impartially. There shouldn't be much energy unless she's a homer announcer.

Reaction Score
Energy? She's not supposed to be playing, just reporting on it impartially. There shouldn't be much energy unless she's a homer announcer.
I was surprised that she wasn't doing play by play at the WCWS but Adam Amin was. (Gagging sounds, he is as bad covering softball as he is at WBB!!!)
I would take Ward over Adam Amin.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I don't mind Pam Ward. I would rather have her over some of the other announcers.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The Ward and Lobo combo is orders of magnitude better than Ward and Peck.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm a "language nerd" and this may the type of thing that no one else is bothered by, but Pam Ward has this really quirky tendency to emphasize some ordinary run-of-the-mill word or phrase as if it were the most surprising thing that crossed her desk that day.

It's as if someone said, "This morning I woke up and ate BREAKFAST before going to work"; or "I received his message in my email INBOX." And then I'm distracted trying to figure out why she picked out a seemingly random word and thought it worth emphasizing.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big fan of Pam Ward! When I listen to her it's like fingernails on a chalkboard, very annoying!

Reaction Score

Blueballer- - -I'd like to think that the announcers are excited to be calling the game and want to transmit that excitement to their viewers!
Dick Vitale, for example, is a favorite of mine because he LOVES what he does and IMHO sells that love to the viewers! Kara Lawson and Rebecca Lobo are also favorites for the same reason! They make me feel there is no other place they'd rather be than calling THAT game!
Pam Ward is "reading her grocery list!"

Reaction Score
For some reason I can’t explain I like Carolyn Peck

You can’t explain it because it’s completely irrational! Head bang

I am not a fan of Carolyn Peck. Every time Peck opens her mouth she has to yell and be frenetic. I find it very annoying. By contrast, Andy Landers calm conversational and knowledgeable approach to analyzing the game suits me just fine.

Reaction Score
Andy Landers says good stuff but I don’t like his slooooowww delivery.

Reaction Score
Andy Landers says good stuff but I don’t like his slooooowww delivery.

shizam- - -please cut Andy some slack, he's just a "country boy", he can't help it! HaHaHa It's not HOW he says it, it's WHAT he says!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom