Pam Ward & Carolyn Peck | The Boneyard

Pam Ward & Carolyn Peck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder who is more upset, UCONN fans or those two, that they have to be in Lincoln announcing that regional?

Reaction Score
I wonder who is more upset, UCONN fans or those two, that they have to be in Lincoln announcing that regional?
I'll call it a tie, extremely upset.

Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck could possibly be the absolute worst announcer I have ever heard!!!

Reaction Score
See what happens when people complain about Lobo, the basketball gods have given us Peck. I personally have no problems with Rebecca doing games. It's Peck's incessant ramblings that totally amount to nothing, I have a problem with.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
The mute button works well. Listen to Bob and Debby on the radio and then return to Becca and Kara during half time. That's my programming....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Speaking of which, really enjoyed the team at Storrs last weekend. But definitely not that excited about this weekends prospects!

Reaction Score
The mute button works well. Listen to Bob and Debby on the radio and then return to Becca and Kara during half time. That's my programming....

True. But here is the problem with UCONN. Whenever there is a spectacular pass, or a MoJeff steal that I didn't quite see, I use the DVR to do my own instant replay. It puts the TV/Radio sound out of sync until the next commercial when you can hopefully catch up! It happens quite often.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
True. But here is the problem with UCONN. Whenever there is a spectacular pass, or a MoJeff steal that I didn't quite see, I use the DVR to do my own instant replay. It puts the TV/Radio sound out of sync until the next commercial when you can hopefully catch up! It happens quite often.

Too true!!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I like the Pam Ward/Caroline Peck broadcasting team. They're OK in my book.
But that book is a badly written rambling mess with no plot or stucture and with the facts all garbled up.

Then again, I guess that could be said for a lot of big American novels.

Reaction Score
Seriously folks, you need to hear Nell Fortner. You will be begging for mercy and the return of Peck.

Nell makes Peck sound like Bob Costas.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I like the Pam Ward/Caroline Peck broadcasting team. They're OK in my book.

I don't rank them at the top, but I don't share the near total disdain many posters have for either, especially Carolyn Peck. I also think that the meanness directed at her is uncalled for.

I'll quickly concede that she is not in Kara's league, nor is Ward comparable to Mowins, but to treat her as abusively as we do Dick Vitale (behind the mike) or Dee Kantner (with her whistle) is over the top.

Frankly, I think she is attractive, she has a good sense of humor and she manifests a pleasant on-air charm. She has coached a wcbb NC (any posters can match that?) so the suggestions that she is stupid are in my view silly.

And I love the manner in which she describes how Tinnissee's team is having difficulty with their definsive game.

Hey, let's give her a break, ok?

Reaction Score
Having coached a championship team does not make you qualified to be an announcer. How many superstar players went on to be Hall of Fame coaches? Not many.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I don't rank them at the top, but I don't share the near total disdain many posters have for either, especially Carolyn Peck. I also think that the meanness directed at her is uncalled for.

I'll quickly concede that she is not in Kara's league, nor is Ward comparable to Mowins, but to treat her as abusively as we do Vitale (behind the mike) or Dee Kantner (with her whistle) is over the top.

Frankly, I think she is attractive, she has a good sense of humor and she manifests a pleasant on-air charm. She has coached a wcbb NC (any posters can match that?) so the suggestions that she is stupid are in my view silly.

And I love the manner in which she describes how Tinnissee's team is having difficulty with their definsive game.

Hey, let's give her a break, ok?
Sorry Kibs. I just got back from a a little time-traveling back to late March 2013 and encountered this defense of Kate Fagan, the ESPNw columnist who was the lone one to pick KY over UConn last year.

She was a great player in Colorado. You dont know your bball obviously. She has more BALL experience than any of the other ones above.

Yeah, being a "great player" or inheriting a hugely talented group to send out for an NC-winning campaign while trying to run away from it does not make you an expert on WCBB. Peck has never met a sports cliche that she did not try to introduce into every rambling comment she produces. I know we always have posters saying she's easy on the eyes (And is that a euphemism for saying that other commentators aren't? Hope not), but she's hard on the ears.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Having coached a championship team does not make you qualified to be an announcer. How many superstar players went on to be Hall of Fame coaches? Not many.

I never said that. Nor did I mention superstar players or HoF coaches. I limited my comment to rebutting suggestions by some critics that she is stupid (about wcbb).

Now I'll go one step further. Regardless of real or perceived shortcomings as an announcer, Carolyn Peck has her NC Championship Ring -- I'm a Boneyarder and I don't have one.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Now I'll go one step further. Regardless of real or perceived shortcomings as an announcer, Carolyn Peck has her NC Championship Ring -- I'm a Boneyarder and I don't have one.

Yes, but you do have the award for "Best Use of Yiddish in a Message Board Screen Name." I do not see Peck with that honor.

#JustSaying
#YiddishAsPartOfTheEnglishVernacular
#KibitzerTrumpsPeck

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Sorry Kibs. I just got back from a a little time-traveling back to late March 2013 and encountered this defense of Kate Fagan, the ESPNw columnist who was the lone one to pick KY over UConn last year.

She was a great player in Colorado. You dont know your bball obviously. She has more BALL experience than any of the other ones above.

Yeah, being a "great player" or inheriting a hugely talented group to send out for an NC-winning campaign while trying to run away from it does not make you an expert on WCBB. Peck has never met a sports cliche that she did not try to introduce into every rambling comment she produces. I know we always have posters saying she's easy on the eyes (And is that a euphemism for saying that other commentators aren't? Hope not), but she's hard on the ears.

Earlier post in this thread:

"Mute button."
- DoggyDaddy​

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Didn't Pam Ward and Carolyn Peck get in a weird on-air argument during the Cal game? I think Pam interrupted her and then basically made fun of her. It was....awkward.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Didn't Pam Ward and Carolyn Peck get in a weird on-air argument during the Cal game? I think Pam interrupted her and then basically made fun of her. It was....awkward.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Oof. That is painful to listen to. Can't tell if Peck is trying to be funny or is actually annoyed.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Oof. That is painful to listen to. Can't tell if Peck is trying to be funny or is actually annoyed.
She might be a bit annoyed that UConn is blowing out another team. That has always seemed to stick in Carolyn's craw. And yes, that was a very uncomfortable sequence with two commentators clearly getting a bit tiffy with each other in front of almost everybody (except those who had the mute button on).

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Seriously folks, you need to hear Nell Fortner. You will be begging for mercy and the return of Peck.

Nell makes Peck sound like Bob Costas.
Yes- I caught her recently- she was painful. I love the blonde that was at Mohegan Sun- Wiesbrod???? She was fresh, interesting and new insights I hadn't heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom