Palpable buzz | The Boneyard

Palpable buzz

Reaction Score
I love to hear that about Adams. The difference between him being in the NBA and not comes down to toughness, really. So much fluidity, coordination, and his finishing is amazing when he doesn't shy from contact.

Rique: If the shoulder healing rumors are true, we may have the best starting backcourt in America.

Carlton: Rumors has been he's getting MUCH better. I think he's good for 8/6/1 this year.

Brendan Adams: People keep saying we might be surprised by his skill as a freshman. He's probably behind 3-4 other guards--no pressure on him; he can just play basketball.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I love to hear that about Adams. The difference between him being in the NBA and not comes down to toughness, really. So much fluidity, coordination, and his finishing is amazing when he doesn't shy from contact.

Rique: If the shoulder healing rumors are true, we may have the best starting backcourt in America.

Carlton: Rumors has been he's getting MUCH better. I think he's good for 8/6/1 this year.

Brendan Adams: People keep saying we might be surprised by his skill as a freshman. He's probably behind 3-4 other guards--no pressure on him; he can just play basketball.
I love to hear this too...but I'd say the reason he isn't in the NBA is because his 3 pt shot isn't where it needed to be. Guards in the NBA need to be able to shoot unless they are freak athletes. Even then, they tend to struggle. Adams is a good athlete but he's not a freak.

pj

Reaction Score
We wont ever get much scoring from the 5. Our guards are too good

Our guards do miss shots from time to time. If we have a good 5, he'll find the ball and put it in the hole. 3 offensive rebounds a game would provide ~4 ppg on putbacks and make it a lot easier to get to 8 ppg.

I do think that Carlton is going to have about the same rebounds as points. To get to 8 ppg he probably needs at least 7, maybe 8, rpg. Last year he had 4.4 pts and 3.7 rebounds in 15 mpg. If he can cut down fouls and double his minutes, it shouldn't be too hard to match that per-minute production for 8.8 ppg/7.4 rpg.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Brendan Adams is going to do huge things for us in his career, love his game and strength/frame. Wouldn't be surprised if he's our starting off guard/6th man next year.

Reaction Score
I love to hear this too...but I'd say the reason he isn't in the NBA is because his 3 pt shot isn't where it needed to be. Guards in the NBA need to be able to shoot unless they are freak athletes. Even then, they tend to struggle. Adams is a good athlete but he's not a freak.

His catch and shoot is good. Struggles off the dribble A LOT.

Part of his softness was never fixing that shot. Hopefully it has changed

Reaction Score
I think Brendan Adams is going to do huge things for us in his career, love his game and strength/frame. Wouldn't be surprised if he's our starting off guard/6th man next year.
Imagine if he was a 6’4 version of his brother. Exactly what this program needs

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tumblr_lw7lz50KOy1qzdi59o1_r1_500.jpg

Yes, doomed.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I could've sworn that in looking at this thread, at every link my cursor was pointing not the index finger, but the middle one.

Reaction Score
I really don’t understand how anyone thinks this team won’t make the tournament this season. To say the talent isn’t there is absurd. The talent is there and now we have a staff who’s going to get the most out of it.

We have a good to really good back court; but there are so many question marks in the front court. The first being rebounding. Christian Vital led our team at rebound last year at 5.4. Our back court still has some issues, 3 pt shooting, assists and turnovers were MISERABLE last year. I think people forget we would go whole halves without an assist. We had a negative assist to turnover ratio. We also shot 32 percent from three and we lost our best three point shooter in Terry Larrier at 37% ( I am excluding Polley because he shot less that 90 3 pointers)

If this team makes the tournament, then we will have overachieved.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Lonzo Ball went #2. And he's neither of those.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I really don’t understand how anyone thinks this team won’t make the tournament this season. To say the talent isn’t there is absurd. The talent is there and now we have a staff who’s going to get the most out of it.

The talent is not there in the front court. It is not developed either. We are undeveloped (but talented) at the wing too.

Our hope is that the American is so bad that we can play our way in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom