Paige's UCTV Player Breakdown | The Boneyard

Paige's UCTV Player Breakdown

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I am very impressed with the presenter for these videos, one "Bri Mahan" (who knows if that is the correct spelling?). I presume she is an undergraduate student at UConn.

With respect to both content and delivery, I think these are equal or better than similar videos that are regularly broadcast to hundreds of thousands of viewers on ESPN or similar channels.

I foresee that this presenter will have a big future ahead of her, perhaps in sports broadcasting. I wonder if SNY may take an interest in her after she graduates?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think that Bri Mahn could pull it off as a Paige look a like? I think if she styled her hair like Paige and wore an actual UConn WBB jersey she would fool a lot of people. I also believe that she would be a good broadcaster down the road. Isn't UCTV the ones that do the broadcasting of the exhibition games?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting that she thought the press used her as a scapegoat for the Az loss? I did not think that was the case. The press was pretty even handed as I remember with the most focus on praising Aari McDonald and an overall lethargy of the UConn team perhaps due to overconfidence.

Reaction Score
Interesting that she thought the press used her as a scapegoat for the Az loss? I did not think that was the case. The press was pretty even handed as I remember with the most focus on praising Aari McDonald and an overall lethargy of the UConn team perhaps due to overconfidence.
I also didn't think that was the case, although if you consider all of the "media" to include boards, blogs, the networks (who are often clueless and sensational), then perhaps she has a point. There were plenty of writers and fans out there who were looking for any reason or opportunity to bring Paige (and UConn) down a notch or two and they didn't hesitate to howl on every forum they could, whether it was justified, personal or simply trying to draw ratings points. In those venues, she did take a beating. But so what? I took a beating once at a family gathering when I mentioned that I thought that aunt Grace's biscuits were a tad underdone.

That said, ESPN, who has lost its way in following its original business model/mandate of reporting sports, is still the one source most sports fans turn to. And they had nothing but praise for Paige and what she has accomplished while also pointing out those areas where UConn's wheels came off. It was fair, and true.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think that Bri Mahn could pull it off as a Paige look a like? I think if she styled her hair like Paige and wore an actual UConn WBB jersey she would fool a lot of people. I also believe that she would be a good broadcaster down the road. Isn't UCTV the ones that do the broadcasting of the exhibition games?
Someone once pointed out to me that they had a 35 mph lawn. What? They said that if you drive by at 35 mph it looks pretty good, but if you go by at 25 mph, not so much.

Yes, this young woman has a vague resemblance to Paige, but she has a ways to go. The difference between her and Paige, and not simply in appearance, is night and day. The first time I saw Bri Mahn I said, "Sit up straight, don't hunch over".

As I recall, Paige once said she wanted to go into sports journalism at some point, and you can see it in press conferences with Paige. (And her acceptance speech at the ESPY's was very well presented.) She has a natural way about her in front of the camera, and a maturity of word and thought.

I wish Bri all the best, but she has a ways to go, and a lot of work to do.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Someone once pointed out to me that they had a 35 mph lawn. What? They said that if you drive by at 35 mph it looks pretty good, but if you go by at 25 mph, not so much.

Yes, this young woman has a vague resemblance to Paige, but she has a ways to go. The difference between her and Paige, and not simply in appearance, is night and day. The first time I saw Bri Mahn I said, "Sit up straight, don't hunch over".

As I recall, Paige once said she wanted to go into sports journalism at some point, and you can see it in press conferences with Paige. (And her acceptance speech at the ESPY's was very well presented.) She has a natural way about her in front of the camera, and a maturity of word and thought.

I wish Bri all the best, but she has a ways to go, and a lot of work to do.
Just wait. I bet she gets a braid next. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom