Paige's Passing Skills | The Boneyard

Paige's Passing Skills

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Man, I thought she had succumbed to Covid-19! Scary wording--talking about her "passing."

It's noteworthy that just about all of her fancy passes are the right passes.

Who will be the first Husky to get hit in the face with a no-look pass? Note that Nika is no slouch in this category either.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Man, I thought she had succumbed to Covid-19! Scary wording--talking input her "passing."

Who will be the first Husky to get hit in the face with a no-look pass? Note that Nika is no slouch in this category either.
Geez, thats what I thought.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Man, I thought she had succumbed to Covid-19! Scary wording--talking input her "passing."

Geez, thats what I thought.
Ditto...

Reaction Score
I think you have seen the end of the no-look and the behind the back passes. I doubt Geno is a big fan of them.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think you have seen the end of the no-look and the behind the back passes. I doubt Geno is a big fan of them.
When did he stop the no looks or even the behind the backs. I've been watching the Championship season games and Jen, Sue, DT, Mo, Crystal Dangerfield, and others did those type of passes. If it works he has no problem with it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

By the time the first game rolls around, all of her teammates will be use to her passes. The same thing happened to Magic Johnson's teammates his rookie year with the Lakers. He was hitting fellow players in the face and chest with "no-look" passes in practice. I remember James Worthy saying he got hit twice. They learned real quick not to look away from him on fast breaks, even if it didn't look like he was going to dish it to them. :confused: Experience is the best teacher. You get hit in the face or head once or twice, you learn. ;)

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Obviously a highlight reel will show all successes, but she did have some good finishers with her for the high school level, especially Nnaji.

Paige reminds me of Stewie in her looseness and flexibility. Creativity in the passing game is very rare also. Lou idolizes Larry Bird, I wonder what Paige would have to say about Magic Johnson.

Imagine being out there with Paige, Evina, Anna and Nika. Not likely to see that grouping a lot, but at least three of them at one time should be a regular occurrence. Get ready to catch the ball. Showtime comes to Storrs!

ONO is a good passer as well.

I can`t wait.

I just hope that they don`t get too pass-happy. Anna was guilty of that at times. Megan has a shoot first mentality, which was a good thing, but with her gone someone else (CW?) is going to have to be comfortable taking 15+ shots per game. The ball has to stop somewhere. I do expect Anna to look for her shot more (she was always looking for Megan). It will be also fascinating to see what Evina brings, especially for those of us who did not spend a lot of time watching her Tennessee teams. ONO should also easily average at least 14 ppg. If she keeps her hands up, that is!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Obviously a highlight reel will show all successes, but she did have some good finishers with her for the high school level, especially Nnaji.

Paige reminds me of Stewie in her looseness and flexibility. Creativity in the passing game is very rare also. Lou idolizes Larry Bird, I wonder what Paige would have to say about Magic Johnson.

Imagine being out there with Paige, Evina, Anna and Nika. Not likely to see that grouping a lot, but at least three of them at one time should be a regular occurrence. Get ready to catch the ball. Showtime comes to Storrs!

ONO is a good passer as well.

I can`t wait.

I just hope that they don`t get too pass-happy. Anna was guilty of that at times. Megan has a shoot first mentality, which was a good thing, but with her gone someone else (CW?) is going to have to be comfortable taking 15+ shots per game. The ball has to stop somewhere. I do expect Anna to look for her shot more (she was always looking for Megan). It will be also fascinating to see what Evina brings, especially for those of us who did not spend a lot of time watching her Tennessee teams. ONO should also easily average at least 14 ppg. If she keeps her hands up, that is!

I'm wondering how long it will take Paige to realize (and be confident) that she can play at the elite college level......................if she's not confident already? :rolleyes: She can already do things that many college level players can't do. :eek:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Crystal did no-look passes all the time, usually successfully. It reflects her confidence in knowing where her teammates were on the court.

I think that Geno expects his PGs to have that level of knowledge of the offense. Also, voice communication can facilitate a no-look pass and help to ensure its success.

Reaction Score
Obviously not worried about her own scoring. There were times where Paige could have taken the shot. She always has her head up and knows where everyone is. Next year looks better and better. Wait till Paige and Anna are on the court at the same time. The other players better be ready, or they might get hit in the face.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal flashed them a few times. So did the great Moriah Jefferson.

Reaction Score
I do not think coach will have a problem with PB and other members of this team using any type of pass. But, if your going to do it you better "Own it".

Reaction Score
Obviously not worried about her own scoring. There were times where Paige could have taken the shot. She always has her head up and knows where everyone is. Next year looks better and better. Wait till Paige and Anna are on the court at the same time. The other players better be ready, or they might get hit in the face.
We know Anna is a great D-1 passer and there are indications Paige could be as well and both can score from anywhere on the floor. They could be the deadliest combo in WCB combining buckets and assists.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how long it will take Paige to realize (and be confident) that she can play at the elite college level......................if she's not confident already? :rolleyes: She can already do things that many college level players can't do. :eek:

I've watched Bueckers in the U17 , U19 and 3X3 and I have never seen one moment where she looked like she was in over her head. And despite playing with rising college sophomores on her team she was the MVP of U19. College is another step up but I have no doubts about her being ready to succeed at that level. She could have been successful in college after her HS sophomore year. She will likely make mistakes but almost all will be errors while being assertive. I'd much rather see a heroic pass attempt fail than just throwing a lazy pass away.
I look at a possible backcourt of Bueckers/Fudd and I see Taurasi/Moore type potential. Really.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good job modifying thread title . :D:D

Paige's Passing Skills

For those thinking Geno may want her to tone down her exotic passing, keep in mind that above all, she makes the simple intelligent passes better than anyone (since Sue? ) and Sue did alot of no look wow passes as well. Geno's face will be locked in smile mode for the forseeable future

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom