Paige's former teammate Maya Nnaji to... | The Boneyard

Paige's former teammate Maya Nnaji to...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Decision Video

Her reasons for choosing AZ are interesting

"I want to go to a school that can fulfill my aspirations of being a doctor and play for a coach who looks like me. I want to blaze my own trail and win championships with a program that knows what it takes to get there."

Reaction Score
Decision Video

Her reasons for choosing AZ are interesting

"I want to go to a school that can fulfill my aspirations of being a doctor and play for a coach who looks like me. I want to blaze my own trail and win championships with a program that knows what it takes to get there."

I didn’t realize Arizona was such a hotbed for Doctors.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I didn’t realize Arizona was such a hotbed for Doctors.
The med school is apparently well respected. The affiliated hospital is fairly well thought of, although TMC is probably considered the top one in Tucson.

Reaction Score
Arizona is a player now. Pac 12 will be brutal over the next several years.

Absolutely. Saw her and Paige play in HS in video. Maya was tremendously impressive. Arizona just got a future AA. She could carry the program for four years.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Saw her and Paige play in HS in video. Maya was tremendously impressive. Arizona just got a future AA. She could carry the program for four years.
Not much hope for AZ. if the team is carried by Nnaji, she just doesn't appear to be that player. Yep she is good however depending on your definition of a player who could carry a program for 4 years, she's not that player. She may end up being the best player on her team, time will tell, if that's what you mean by the player to carry a program, OK, if you mean a player like Paige, Clark, Joens or the like, it's not her.

Reaction Score
PAC 12 is already better than the SEC. maybe the SEC can become the next PAC 12.
Has the SEC become a one horse race with the downward spiral of Mississippi State? Really, there lies the difference. ACC has two very good programs who haven't attained the leval of "Big" though they are close.

The Big Ten has been a one horse race. Same for the Big 12 - though the playing field has probably levelled.. Of course, the Big East. "Big" seems to indicate one BIG program.

The PAC has one Big program and 3 or 4 challengers. The Ducks had some good success. Arizona and UCLA as well, but none have the consistency of Stanford. Arizona has a chance to become the number two program.

I like Maya's game A LOT! She has advanced offensive skills for a big, I wanted her at SCar. I'm also impressed with Kailyn Gilbert - their other 2022 recruit. Together, they can carry the program forward (though the arms race never ends).

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
As for UConn interest: no idea really. Surely the coaches have seen Maya [class of 2022] several times during trips to
watch Paige play. I wonder if the relatively early verbals from Ice Brady and Ayanna Patterson maybe have filled the forward slots they were seeking to address from that class. Toss in forward/center Amari DeBerry just one year ahead of her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My guess is that pretty early in the process, she decided she wanted to go to a school without paige so what ever success she has wont be ascribed in part to Paige. In her stated reasons, she said she wanted to blaze her own trail among other things

Reaction Score
all paige teammates are great, my favourite was amaya battle she's a wonderful G,she play good defence,3p ...I wonder where she will commit

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Has the SEC become a one horse race with the downward spiral of Mississippi State? Really, there lies the difference. ACC has two very good programs who haven't attained the leval of "Big" though they are close.

The Big Ten has been a one horse race. Same for the Big 12 - though the playing field has probably levelled.. Of course, the Big East. "Big" seems to indicate one BIG program.

The PAC has one Big program and 3 or 4 challengers. The Ducks had some good success. Arizona and UCLA as well, but none have the consistency of Stanford. Arizona has a chance to become the number two program.

I like Maya's game A LOT! She has advanced offensive skills for a big, I wanted her at SCar. I'm also impressed with Kailyn Gilbert - their other 2022 recruit. Together, they can carry the program forward (though the arms race never ends).
Schools from the state of Oregon won 6 straight Pac 12 regular season titles before this last season. Half of the teams in the conference have been to a Final 4 in about the last decade or so. The Pac 12 is way, way beyond being just about Stanford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom