Paige's 5 Game Metrics | The Boneyard

Paige's 5 Game Metrics

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Alexa takes us through the early going of Paige's UConn career. It's an impressive set of numbers. It's a set of numbers having Geno thinking I want her on the floor and I want her shooting more. Lots of numbers and comparisons with the greats.

"The advanced metrics are just as impressive: Per HerHoopStats, Bueckers’ 62.7 effective field goal percentage is in the 94th percentile of all Division I players, and her 1.06 points per play are in the 91st percentile.

"But Bueckers’ standout start can’t be encapsulated solely by stats. It’s her poise on the court, ability to find holes in the defense, dynamism in transition and propensity to create for herself and others that has excited the program and fanbase this early in her time on campus."

“She’s got a lot to learn, don’t get me wrong,” Auriemma said after the Seton Hall game. “But there’s something special about her. There’s something unique about her. And anybody that watches her play, it doesn’t take long to figure that out.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
OBTW in case you can't open the article, here are Paige and the Husky greats:

Maya beat her out by a field go for top scorer over 5 games.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
For a different point of view, here's the same grid, but on a per-40-minutes basis:

1609176673100.png

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
For a different point of view, here's the same grid, but on a per-40-minutes basis:

View attachment 62912
You can put it on a 60 minute grid, it's just pure BS. Unless it's hard game facts, another words what really happens, it doesn't matter. What Paige has done is great, what the others had done was great. Maybe the others couldn't go 35 minutes a game and keep up their numbers. What you put out as another point of view is not anything but pure conjecture and nothing else.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
You can put it on a 60 minute grid, it's just pure BS. Unless it's hard game facts, another words what really happens, it doesn't matter. What Paige has done is great, what the others had done was great. Maybe the others couldn't go 35 minutes a game and keep up their numbers. What you put out as another point of view is not anything but pure conjecture and nothing else.

Not true. It's actual facts as reported by Alexa and a calculation of the players' productivity per unit time for the time they were in the games. I could have used a per-minute calculation, but that would have resulted in figures with no digits to the left of the decimal point, with which many people have trouble.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Not true. It's actual facts as reported by Alexa and a calculation of the players' productivity per unit time for the time they were in the games. I could have used a per-minute calculation, but that would have resulted in figures with no digits to the right of the decimal point, with which many people have trouble.
Did they play those minutes, NO, so it doesn't matter. All you are doing is projecting an IF factor, not actual facts. Their numbers are great but it doesn't mean they would have continued. They could have gotten hurt in that extra playing time, do your projections show that, no, so again the only thing that really matters is the actual facts on the minutes that were played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom