Paige ++ | The Boneyard

Paige ++

Reaction Score
I have watched many Paige videos...You Tube, Boneyard bits, etc.....In my many yrs involved in women's bb, I have never seen a kid more impressive. She appears to be incredible..bb and personal. I am excited & can't wait to see what Geno will do w/her. I am sure he has the plan. She knew to choose the right college. I love Anna & I think I 1st coined the term 'Watch Anna Bloom...The Azzi kid could be just as good as Paige..hope Geno is able to land her....will be watching the Maya N. kid from Hopkins, I like her.
This is a jigsaw puzzle & coach will figure it out...excitement from an old old fan...Especially these days.

Reaction Score
I have watched many Paige videos...You Tube, Boneyard bits, etc.....In my many yrs involved in women's bb, I have never seen a kid more impressive. She appears to be incredible..bb and personal. I am excited & can't wait to see what Geno will do w/her. I am sure he has the plan. She knew to choose the right college. I love Anna & I think I 1st coined the term 'Watch Anna Bloom...The Azzi kid could be just as good as Paige..hope Geno is able to land her....will be watching the Maya N. kid from Hopkins, I like her.
This is a jigsaw puzzle & coach will figure it out...excitement from an old old fan...Especially these days.
So you've never seen Taurasi, Moore, Stewart, Parker, or EDD to name more than a few?

Reaction Score
You need to watch a few EDD 8th grade videos. I mean OH MY GAWD!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So you've never seen Taurasi, Moore, Stewart, Parker, or EDD to name more than a few?
Parker Pshhht.

;)

Reaction Score
And to think what might have been if EDD stayed at....., awwwww, finally enough of that what if!
The basketball Gods would not allow it. It would have been unfair. Facts

Reaction Score

I love Maya Nnaji's game as well, but it is going to be tough finding a spot for her at UConn. They will have Edwards and DeBerry on the roster, as well as a commitment from fellow 2022 post and #2 overall ranked player Isuneh Brady. Just not a lot of minutes to go around.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I love Maya Nnaji's game as well, but it is going to be tough finding a spot for her at UConn. They will have Edwards and DeBerry on the roster, as well as a commitment from fellow 2022 post and #2 overall ranked player Isuneh Brady. Just not a lot of minutes to go around.
Agree on Nnaji. I’m sure after being on the receiving end of so many of Paige’s dimes, she would enjoy being teamed up with her again. Unfortunately, she and Ice play pretty much the same position, and as good as Nnaji is, Ice is better.

Reaction Score
GOOD POINT

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I love Maya Nnaji's game as well, but it is going to be tough finding a spot for her at UConn.
Unfortunately, she and Ice play pretty much the same position, and as good as Nnaji is, Ice is better.
GOOD POINT
I agree that Brady is the best and will be a stud. But I have to disagree there is no room/minutes for Maya At UCONN. If UCONN doesn’t pick up a big forward in 21, Maya would be ideal. Not that long ago UCONN had Stevie, Tuck, Dolson and Stokes manning the 4/5 and things seem to work out just fine.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not that long ago UCONN had Stevie, Tuck, Dolson and Stokes manning the 4/5 and things seem to work out just fine.

Those four barely played together as an entire group. Neither Stokes nor Tuck played a whole lot during Dolson's junior season and the following year Tuck played 8 games before going down with injury. A log jam situation never developed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Those four barely played together as an entire group. Neither Stokes nor Tuck played a whole lot during Dolson's junior season and the following year Tuck played 8 games before going down with injury. A log jam situation never developed.
Exactly my point. After Dolson graduated it was Stewie, Kiah and Morgan. All three certainly played a lot. After ONO graduates it will be Amari, Ice and Maya if she decides to come. Three is not exactly a logjam unless people want to cling to that fantasy where Edwards morphs into a post player.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Exactly my point. After Dolson graduated it was Stewie Kiah and Morgan. All three certainly played a lot. After ONO graduates it will be Amari, Ice and Maya if she decides to come. Three is not exactly a logjam unless people want to cling to that fantasy where Edwards morphs into a post player.
...and let's not sleep on the idea of Lauren Betts as a Husky. There is a very real chance that young lady will come to Coors...uh, Storrs.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
...and let's not sleep on the idea of Lauren Betts as a Husky. There is a very real chance that young lady will come to Coors...uh, Storrs.
Let's also not sleep on Maya. The pick and roll game that her and Paige have mastered in HS is not a trivial thing to develop. It took Ruthy and Sabrina 2.5 years of working together to perfect it at the college level.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Let's also not sleep on Maya. The pick and roll game that her and Paige have mastered in HS is not a trivial thing to develop. It took Ruthy and Sabrina 2.5 years of working together to perfect it at the college level.
Both sounds good to me. Unlikely, but oh so good.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Exactly my point. After Dolson graduated it was Stewie, Kiah and Morgan. All three certainly played a lot. After ONO graduates it will be Amari, Ice and Maya if she decides to come. Three is not exactly a logjam unless people want to cling to that fantasy where Edwards morphs into a post player.
I guess Piath doesn’t count, :confused: and yes, Aaliyah will play a lot at the 4. While I would be ecstatic if Maya joined the party, that would amount to 5 players for the 4/5 spots, unless Amari or Aaliyah can also play on the wing effectively.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Exactly my point. After Dolson graduated it was Stewie Kiah and Morgan. All three certainly played a lot. After ONO graduates it will be Amari, Ice and Maya if she decides to come. Three is not exactly a logjam unless people want to cling to that fantasy where Edwards morphs into a post player.

Edwards has terrific post skills. Not likely she'll be a post player strictly, but that is one of her strengths. I don't see Amari stuck in the post that much either. She'll go there, but she likes the perimeter and midrange more, again similar to Azura Stevens. And actually, the versatility of those two will help keep things from getting clogged.

Reaction Score
I agree that Brady is the best and will be a stud. But I have to disagree there is no room/minutes for Maya At UCONN. If UCONN doesn’t pick up a big forward in 21, Maya would be ideal. Not that long ago UCONN had Stevie, Tuck, Dolson and Stokes manning the 4/5 and things seem to work out just fine.
I agree. IMO, you take quality bigs whenever you can get them. I always want to have at least 3 to roll in and out and help insure against injuries. And if I wind up with 4, no problem. I’ll figure out what to do with any 3 of DeBerry, Brady, Betts, and Nnagi. I see Edwards as a very good 3 down the road.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I guess Piath doesn’t count, :confused: and yes, Aaliyah will play a lot at the 4. While I would be ecstatic if Maya joined the party, that would amount to 5 players for the 4/5 spots, unless Amari or Aaliyah can also play on the wing effectively.
My bad! :eek: you are right. I should have said Dolson, Stewie, Tuck, Stokes and Heather Buck. Keep clinging to that fantasy.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My bad! :eek: you are right. I should have said Dolson, Stewie, Tuck, Stokes and Heather Buck. Keep clinging to that fantasy.
Just to be clear, you are suggesting that Piath will never be a major contributor at UConn, either as a starter or, like Kiah Stokes, as a key reserve?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just to be clear, you are suggesting that Piath will never be a major contributor at UConn, either as a starter or, like Kiah Stokes, as a key reserve?
I'm not "suggesting" anything, that is way too passive for me and "never" is a mighty long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom