Paige using her wealth of NIL funds for good | The Boneyard

Paige using her wealth of NIL funds for good

Kat

Reaction Score
Reading the title of this post, I wondered what "her wealth" could be. $824K was what I found. Also read an article in the NYT that said that she would make more money by staying at UConn than going to the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Reading the title of this post, I wondered what "her wealth" could be. $824K was what I found. Also read an article in the NYT that said that she would make more money by staying at UConn than going to the WNBA.
Probably true. I read somewhere that the highest pay wnba is about $250000 (Taurasi and couple others). Angel Reese nil was reported about 1 million. So wnba players supplement their income by playing oversea. Not sure what Paige nil is but she is reported to be very selective in her choice.

Reaction Score
If Paige has a healthy year in 2023-2024 she will break the bank in endorsement deals regardless of where she plays the following year. For her the WNBA isn't about money, it will be about playing against the best players in the game every night. Money most likely will never be an issue as long as she is healthy.

Reaction Score

That's always been the case. But Stewart had a $million contract in China and Bueckers could still endorse. But she'd be playing 12 months a year.

I think her decision will be between playing with Fudd another year or testing herself against the best. The money will be good in either case.

Reaction Score
If Paige has a healthy year in 2023-2024 she will break the bank in endorsement deals regardless of where she plays the following year. For her the WNBA isn't about money, it will be about playing against the best players in the game every night. Money most likely will never be an issue as long as she is healthy.
You know, I was thinking along the same lines. Given Paige's age and skill level it's possible that she won't want to play with college kids (actually high school kids plus a couple of years) anymore and instead want to play against the big girls. Hopefully that doesn't happen for 2 or 3 years.

Reaction Score
Pondering thoughts: most times “wealth” is viewed as dollars and cents, but it can also include relationships/connections to others, opportunities, etc. In any case, even if Paige’s bank statements total $824,000, that’s a lot of money for a normal college kid. And it’s a lot more than what many people have, and it’s waaayyy more than what I have — and I’m a working adult. So, kudos to Ms. Paige Madison Bueckers for sharing her wealth with those who are less fortunate. Keep up the good work!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom