Paige the Top Earning Women's NIL Player 23-24 | The Boneyard

Paige the Top Earning Women's NIL Player 23-24

Reaction Score
On top of her ever-growing list of on-court accolades, UConn women’s basketball star Paige Bueckers was named the top-earning female athlete on the NIL Store platform across all sports for the 2023-24 academic year.

Women’s basketball players made up all four finalists for top-earning female athlete, with Bueckers beating out former UConn teammate Nika Muhl, former LSU star Angel Reese and Iowa guard Gabbie Marshall. The NIL Store partners with 68 Division I athletic departments to produce officially-licensed athlete merchandise, including six of 11 Big East programs.

The UConn women also received recognition from the NIL Store as a finalist for the Philanthropic Spirit Award. The Huskies partnered with the storefront for their annual Play4Kay game to create a limited-edition pink jersey and donated a portion of sales to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. Kyle Muncy, UConn’s director of brand partnerships and trademark management, was named the NIL Store’s Licensing Director of the Year.

Reaction Score
Cool for Paige and surprisingly for Nika. Im still a bit confused about the restrictions for foreign players but I hope Nika made out well. It's a little ambiguous though "top nil player". Sounds like it's from this particular platform. Like Caitlin Clark not being top 4 sounds off.

Reaction Score
Cool for Paige and surprisingly for Nika. Im still a bit confused about the restrictions for foreign players but I hope Nika made out well. It's a little ambiguous though "top nil player". Sounds like it's from this particular platform. Like Caitlin Clark not being top 4 sounds off.
I agree with both of those claims. I'm not sure what the source considers. Sale of merch, maybe? (Though I imagined that Iowa was filled with kids wearing Clark jerseys.)

Reaction Score
That is top earning groom the “ NIL Store.”

That is only one source of many sources of NIL income.

Reaction Score
That is top earning groom the “ NIL Store.”

That is only one source of many sources of NIL income.
I agree with you.

They must not have had many of the millions and millions of #22 Iowa Hawkeyes Jerseys that were worn by fans spanning the country from Seattle to Miami, L.A. to Rochester, Minneapolis to San Antonio actually sell from out the ‘NIL Store’? Or something else is hinky about this; I mean her own teammate, sold more? To prove how ridiculous, quick without looking back at pictures, what number did Gabby Marshall wear? Anyone know?

Reaction Score

Why? Call your congressman and ask if he favors letting "foreigners" take jobs from "americans". :eek:

Reaction Score
Why? Call your congressman and ask if he favors letting "foreigners" take jobs from "americans". :eek:
I guess I was genuinely confused about the NIL rules. I've just heard NIL is not a thing for international students so it was weird to see Nikas name pop up in the article. In briefly reading a bit more it seems like the restriction is more about working/employment. Maybe because this is just a store that sells the merchandise without promotion from any individual player it doesn't prevent international players from reaping the benefits. I'm not sure though because there was an article earlier this year that made it sound like Nika didn't make anything from nil. UConn's Aaliyah Edwards signs NIL deal in Canada, but can't talk about it in the US

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom