Paige says so | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige says so

Reaction Score
Big fan of Paige but....she did also start last season calling Caroline Ducharme the best shooter on the team..I think she's loves her teammates and good on her for propping Nika up.

Reaction Score
All of our eyes see the great form, but all of our eyes should also see the 46% shooting percentage for each of the first two years. There is no doubt about her potential and some great games she has had, and that we all hope for better, but there is also no denying that stats from her first two years are not elite.

Understood. But I'm discounting the games where she wasn't healthy. Which is basically all of them except for the start of the last season. Where she was almost unstoppable.

Reaction Score
Big fan of Paige but....she did also start last season calling Caroline Ducharme the best shooter on the team..I think she's loves her teammates and good on her for propping Nika up.
I don't recall Caroline setting any Uconn records so .....just maybe, Paige was recognizing Nika's exceptional accomplishments this past season rather than giving one of her buddies an ego boost. It's not like setting the all time Husky single season record for assists, single game assist record and record for consecutive and career double digit assist games don't qualify for a bit of hype. Oh yeah and there is those back to back BE DPOY awards. You have every right to assume she was just 'propping Nika up' but I'll go with what Paige said at face value - recognizing a teammates often underrated value.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
It will be absolutely Great Basketball if UConn's players can get healthy.

Azzi & Paige being able to play weeks/months, fully healthy, has the potential to be off the charts. However, all they have left is a couple years or less. People, we were looking forward for 3-4 years of them playing together. What's the probability now? 1 year. Is Paige staying for a 4th year?

Not even getting into the Caroline conversation, you know, 2nd best shooter/scorer in her class. Demonstrated the ability to score on the last shot for the win. But, she is also having difficulty staying healthy.

If we have health players I'll be bouncing off the walls the whole time.

Looking forward to see who gets on the floor and gets it done in addition to Aaleigh, Nika, and Aubrey.

Reaction Score
I don't recall Caroline setting any Uconn records so .....just maybe, Paige was recognizing Nika's exceptional accomplishments this past season rather than giving one of her buddies an ego boost. It's not like setting the all time Husky single season record for assists, single game assist record and record for consecutive and career double digit assist games don't qualify for a bit of hype. Oh yeah and there is those back to back BE DPOY awards. You have every right to assume she was just 'propping Nika up' but I'll go with what Paige said at face value - recognizing a teammates often underrated value.
Fair enough. I think it's a bit of both. I'm a huge Nika fan, and think she should start at point guard next year. She did have a great year .
Paige also called Azzi the best player in the nation. It's not a negative to give love to your teammates or believe in them wholeheartedly. I personally just take it with a grain of salt as she's probably a bit bias, but to each their own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom