Paige Sauer - Cover Girl | The Boneyard

Paige Sauer - Cover Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My biggest memory of Paige Sauer has nothing to do with hoops. There was a memorial service held at the CT State Armory in Hartford for the victims of the OK City bombing and the CT Lottery. Paige Sauer and Stacy Hansmeyer attended because they knew some of the OK City bombing vicitms. I knew one of the OK City victims. The two basketball players still students at UConn and Paige asked to speak. She was incredibly poised and eloquent for such a young person and left a huge impression on everyone. Stacy didn't speak, but I recall that everyone around me, the guys especially, noticed how truly striking she looked that day. Anyway, Paige was remarkable.

BTW, if you ever have the chance to visit the memorial in OK City that was created on the site of the bombed Federal building, it is quite moving. I visited there as part of a cross-country drive. There is a reflecting pool in the center, and on one side a hill with rows of empty chairs with the names of the victims on them arranged by the floor they were on when the explosion occurred.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Sorry, but when I hear "Cover Girl," my first thought is, "Put the bass in your walk."

I KNOW some of you will get that reference. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom