Paige on the Freshman entering WCBB in 2020 | The Boneyard

Paige on the Freshman entering WCBB in 2020

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At the bottom of a more general article, Paige discusses the Freshman entering WCBB during 2020
Paige is clearly more magnanimous than most of the BY (including me :oops:) regarding the Freshman 2020 class (and Caitlin) :)

Bueckers said she’s kept in touch with several members of her class, including Iowa’s Caitlin Clark, Louisville’s Hailey Van Lith, Stanford’s Cameron Brink and Oregon’s Te-Hina Paopao, and has enjoyed watching them shine from far.

“I think this is a really loaded 2020 class, and I’ve been really happy for others finding success at their schools,” Bueckers said last week. “Caitlin specifically, we talk quite a bit. Just to see the things she’s doing, and she’s doing really great things — she’s leading the country in scoring as a freshman. I’ve known her for a very long time, and that’s what she does. She’s a playmaker. She’s a scorer. She’s just a really great player, so just to see her continue to do that at the college level, it’s pretty cool to see.”

Darn it. They are all friends. :eek::eek:

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great pass from Paige to Hailey Van Lith for the tying bucket.

Interesting to see all those players together, including who gets the most playing time. The team consisted of players who are now juniors (Howard, Hillmon), sophomores (Belibi, Taylor), and freshmen (Paige, Hailey Van Lith, Clark, Brink). Paige was as good as anyone.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Interesting to see all those players together, including who gets the most playing time. The team consisted of players who are now juniors (Howard, Hillmon), sophomores (Belibi, Taylor), and freshmen (Paige, Hailey Van Lith, Clark, Brink). Paige was as good as anyone.
So right. Paige was easily the best facilitator on that team and the tournament MVP. Aside from the big names here I was always a fan of Taylor's game. Hard nosed and willing to all of the dirty work for that team.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
so right. Paige was easily the best facilitator on that team and the tournament MVP. Aside from the big names here I was always a fan of Taylor's game. Hard nosed and willing to all of the dirty work for that team.
Taylor is from Long Island Lutheran, right?

Reaction Score

Similar for the Australian Team.
  • Juniors (Goodchild - Duke, Motuga - Washington St, Simons - St Mary's)
  • Sophomores (Shelly - Oregon, Fowler - Portland)
  • Freshmens (Emma-Nnopu - Stanford, Bourne - Nebraska, Scanlon - Gonzaga, Anstey - UCLA, Potter - UCLA)
2 didn't do college. Though one Shyla Heal, who made All-Star 5 in that tournament, had a breakout year in the domestic league (WNBL) and last I read plans to declare for the upcoming WNBA draft.

Reaction Score
I didn’t even know kids from the other side of town when I was in hs.
Obviously you didn't grow up where I did. That town wasn't big enough to have two sides. Or even one if I'm being honest.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Was Paopao on that team?
Nope. From what I've found Paopao has never made a USA team. I know that early in the her high school career she had two ACL injuries, that may have slowed her progress in the system then but who knows. She's a player though.

Reaction Score
At the bottom of a more general article, Paige discusses the Freshman entering WCBB during 2020
Paige is clearly more magnanimous than most of the BY (including me :oops:) regarding the Freshman 2020 class (and Caitlin) :)

Bueckers said she’s kept in touch with several members of her class, including Iowa’s Caitlin Clark, Louisville’s Hailey Van Lith, Stanford’s Cameron Brink and Oregon’s Te-Hina Paopao, and has enjoyed watching them shine from far.

“I think this is a really loaded 2020 class, and I’ve been really happy for others finding success at their schools,” Bueckers said last week. “Caitlin specifically, we talk quite a bit. Just to see the things she’s doing, and she’s doing really great things — she’s leading the country in scoring as a freshman. I’ve known her for a very long time, and that’s what she does. She’s a playmaker. She’s a scorer. She’s just a really great player, so just to see her continue to do that at the college level, it’s pretty cool to see.”

Darn it. They are all friends. :eek::eek:

Or has Bueckers taken the CD course in how to not provoke the potential enemy? Bueckers is highly competitive and wants to play against other highly talented players. Just watch her video competitions with Fudd. They want to bury each other. I had good friends and liked nothing better than kicking their butts on the golf course.
It's fans and the media who create devils out of the competition.

Reaction Score
Similar for the Australian Team.
  • Juniors (Goodchild - Duke, Motuga - Washington St, Simons - St Mary's)
  • Sophomores (Shelly - Oregon, Fowler - Portland)
  • Freshmens (Emma-Nnopu - Stanford, Bourne - Nebraska, Scanlon - Gonzaga, Anstey - UCLA, Potter - UCLA)
2 didn't do college. Though one Shyla Heal, who made All-Star 5 in that tournament, had a breakout year in the domestic league (WNBL) and last I read plans to declare for the upcoming WNBA draft.

I can't edit my previous post but I wanted to make a correction.

The 2019 FIBA Under-19 Women's Basketball World Cup All-Tournament Team was actually Bueckers (USA), Howard (USA), Fowler (AUS), Pendande (ESP) and Massey, B (BEL).

It was 2018 FIBA Under-17 Women's Basketball World Cup All-Tournament Team that included Shyla Heal (AUS) along with Horston (USA), Jones (USA), Boston (USA) and Rupert (FRA).

Articles:
2020 WNBL Awards Youth Player of the Year + All-WNBL Second Team
Shyla Heal takes aim at 2021 WNBA Draft

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul