Paige makes U19 World Cup Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige makes U19 World Cup Team

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She does it in her leaque. Last summer she did it to the Int'l HS Elite. She does it among and to the US HS Elite. Sooooo ... :)

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I hate to break it to you, but when I watched L.I. Lutheran play CTK, Celeste Taylor was running the offense at pg.

I'm starting to believe that at the high-school level the best all-round ball handler takes over the point or lead-guard position. I saw L.I. Lutheran play Manasquan the year before that and Grace Stone, now at Princeton, was handling half-court sets fairly often.

And now that I'm in that game mindset, Manasquan's PG that year was Stella Clark (now at Notheastern) with the off-guard role filled by Dara Mabrey, who moved into the PG role once Clark graduated.

Where there's a will (and talent), there's a way at that level.....I agree with Coco that Paige Bueckers and/or Caitlin Clark can move over to the combo-guard position.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sorry to see that Aubrey did not make the squad, but it was always going to be an uphill climb for her. Having seen both play, I will say I am surprised Celeste Taylor made the squad over Aubrey. With that said, Aubrey now has a little extra motivation to prove to everyone just how talented a basketball player she is.

She's convinced one person she's been hanging with:

“I really like her a lot, on and off the court,” Bueckers said. “She is one of the most athletic players I have played with. I’m looking forward to getting to know her better and I’m excited that I’ll be playing with her at UConn.”

Incoming UConn freshman Bueckers makes USA U-19 teaM

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She's convinced one person she's been hanging with:

“I really like her a lot, on and off the court,” Bueckers said. “She is one of the most athletic players I have played with. I’m looking forward to getting to know her better and I’m excited that I’ll be playing with her at UConn.”

Incoming UConn freshman Bueckers makes USA U-19 teaM

I trust Paige's assessment more than the USA committee anyway. ;)

Reaction Score
This is like getting a Mustang for your 16th birthday and then being told you can't drive it till your 17 1/2.

Focus on the fact that UConn fans have once again been blessed with a true prodigy. Worth any wait and more valuable than any player in HS right now.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige apparently hurt her ankle as you can see her being helped up in the last clip above. Made the team anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom