Paige in news tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige in news tonight

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Highlights of Paige's 31 points against South Carolina on 2/8/21​

Note - Bob Joyce (radio announcer for UConn's radio broadcasts on ESPN) is doing the play by play on these highlights. He refers to her game winning shot in overtime as a "prayer." :eek:

Paige Bueckers describes her last shot to seal UConn's victory over No.1 South Carolina: "It felt good when it left my hand" ;)

Last edited:

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Lol. Yeah, I was just joking around though.
It's struck me as funny as I've ignored one of them for a loooonnngg time!

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score

19-year-old Paige Bueckers is on an unprecedented tear for the greatest program in NCAA basketball history​

"It's all just so crazy to me that I'm here playing at my dream school in huge games like this with an amazing team and coaching staff. Every day, every second, every minute, I'm super grateful to be here."

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Just a sort while ago AT&T has on the home page 2 articles and 5 different clips from last nights game. The focal point to no ones surprise is Paige and UConn. The mystic of Paige has gone national while UConn is once again center stage page 1.

Reaction Score
Just a sort while ago AT&T has on the home page 2 articles and 5 different clips from last nights game. The focal point to no ones surprise is Paige and UConn. The mystic of Paige has gone national while UConn is once again center stage page 1.
"UConn is bad for WBB again!!!"

Reaction Score
I bet Stiles or Plum had a dozen or so in a row.
A quick look at Plum's phenomenal senior year (31.7 average) shows she did three in a row twice (30-30-44 and 39-36-34). A lot harder than you think. Her earlier seasons don't include game-by-game logs.

Kelsey Plum

Jackie Stiles has game logs on her own website. She did four in a row 41-33-49-35 as a senior.

Jackie Stiles

The NCAA record book doesn't list records for consecutive 30-point games.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She is phenomenal and deservedly so. However, in defense of some of our past phenoms, Geno would purposfully bench his phenoms because they where on dominating teams and destroying the opponents. I would say todays UConn team needs PB to play more minutes. Still..... only her 14th game and how effortless and on, and on. Paige is special. [ edit: this observation applies to other great non-UConn players ]
Yeah, Uconn typically has no single player dominating their scoring in consecutive games, let alone three straight. Maya is probably the player who did it more frequently than any others recently and Bascom if you go way back, but generally by scoring 20+ points while teammates were in the teens. There is no Uconn player who has averaged 20 pts/gm for her career and only 5 players who have topped 20 pts/gm in a season and 8 player/season that have topped 20 pts/gm (Bascom with 3 and Collier with 2) The Uconn record is Maya with 22.8 and Bascom with 22.6, after that it is Sales at 20.9 followed by Collier, Bascom, Collier, Samuelson, and Bascom.

Just checked and Bascom leads Uconn with 11 games of 30+ points followed by Maya at 10, Napheesa at 7. But Napheesa played her career with Samuelson who did it 5 times, Stewart player hers with Moriah and Morgan, Sales player hers with various other highly efficient scorers as did DT and Sveta and ... Even looking at Moore, she played with Tina whom is #4 in career points.
This year is definitely unique in the lack of balanced scoring for this long a stretch of recent games. And even in this 5 game stretch for Page she was not the high scorer in one of the games.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
So what is the WCBB record for 30+ games?
Probably the NCAA DI record belongs to Jackie Stiles or Kelcy Plum. Stiles as a senior averaged 30.3 points per game. Plum as a senior averaged 31.7 points per game.

Reaction Score
It's not how many points you score, it's when you score your points - huge difference!

Reaction Score
Typically viewers of ESPN or Bleacher Report would have many lame jokes in the comment section about women basketball players, but didn’t see any when it comes to Paige. Just everyone saying Paige is the truth or no Paige slander will be tolerated. Paige is what the women’s game and especially the WNBA needs. She’ll change the perception and draw much needed attention.

Reaction Score
I understand your point completely but historically success breeds success.........how many UConn recruits idolized Taurasi, Moore, Bird, Stewart etc and psychologically made their college choice at a young age even though they were heavily recruited by the other top schools later in high school.........that being said you are sure right that UConn will loose certain players because there's simply no room at the inn........of course that's where Geno, CD etc have to plan their recruiting strategy way in advance to make sure that there is no huge drop off in talent when Bueckers and Fudd leave the program.......uhhhhhh perhaps that's an impossibility but you know what I mean......... :)

Reaction Score
With the current rules, couldn't Paige play all 4 years with Azzi, if she wanted to?
I think you could be correct but can you imagine the pressure to go pro when you are that good? Maybe also depends on how many NC's they win together.........might get old hat........... :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
perhaps but as long as his health is good I don't see Geno leaving before graduates.............he's going to be having way too much fun........ the odds may be pretty good that the next UConn coach is already sitting on the bench......
Come on Charlie, Autumn did that for one time-out during a blowout game we need to see more than that...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
perhaps but as long as his health is good I don't see Geno leaving before graduates.............he's going to be having way too much fun........ the odds may be pretty good that the next UConn coach is already sitting on the bench......
CD will be ready for retirement at same time Geno does. Would Shea be next in line? Or would they go even younger?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Another case of the thread taking a bizarre turn. Let’s ignore the “coaching aspect” and focus on Paige, as the thread is titled. If you are that interested in succession go to the “Search” function and you will fins 10s if not hundreds of ideas on it. None of them fruitful.

I am curious what any of Paiges many high profile acquaintances had to say about her SC game-namely one Azzi Fudd. I know she keeps a very low profile presence but still she had to have something to say about that!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom