Paige immediately following Caroline's winning shot | The Boneyard

Paige immediately following Caroline's winning shot

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Caption this or simply what is Paige thinking?
I think she is thinking when she returns; she has another powerful chess piece with which to play.

1643294887377.png

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Yes...there was a moment after that whistle where you can hear Geno and others saying, "what?" Then the officials went to the tape to see how much time needed to be added...1 tenth of a second...I knew it was over... Ducharme was clutch when we needed her... Doug Bruno...with yet another "damn, we almost got you Geno" moment.

Reaction Score
I don't like the clock rules changing. The NBA has that too once you get to two minutes left I think. The same rules should apply all the way through regardless of the clock. I'm sure we've had or allowed baskets with a minute left and there wasn't a stoppage to check the time remaining.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Seems like after every Geno huddle before play starts she gets involved and has alot to say. Her and Nika actually look like the team huddle leaders, sophomores.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I don't like the clock rules changing. The NBA has that too once you get to two minutes left I think. The same rules should apply all the way through regardless of the clock. I'm sure we've had or allowed baskets with a minute left and there wasn't a stoppage to check the time remaining.
The clock stopping was correct. But the ref calling time out was incorrect. The clock is supposed to stop and the now offensive team is to retrieve the ball quickly and then they have 5 seconds to inbound. The clock restarts when the ball touches a player. Calling timeout was a major favor to Doug Bruno that allowed him to set up a near miss shot. Because it was play on there was no need to check the clock. To me it seemed like a homer call by the ref.

Reaction Score
I'm still haunted by the look on Azzi's face when Paige got hurt. These girls are family. And Caroline is a huge part of the family and earning everyone's respect and admiration also. When Morrow hit Christyn up beside the head Paige was calling for a flagrant. They sincerely care about each other and Paige, Caroline and Azzi have described each other as best friends for years now.

If you watch Caroline's videos in high school she was a lot more easy with her smile. She, and all the girls, are under tremendous pressure. Only Paige has appeared to really thrive with it. For whatever reason, she has the formula. Maybe focusing on having fun and trying your absolute best? Maybe putting in a tremendous amount of work and living for those days on the court? Paige is a tremendous role model in so many ways. It will get easier and better for Caroline over time. She has already proven herself. She just has to continue to give her best.

sun

Reaction Score
Her teammates have said that Caroline has the best sense of humor of everyone on the team.
So I wouldn't think that she's under too much pressure.
That's probably just her demeanor in public.

Reaction Score
The clock stopping was correct. But the ref calling time out was incorrect. The clock is supposed to stop and the now offensive team is to retrieve the ball quickly and then they have 5 seconds to inbound. The clock restarts when the ball touches a player. Calling timeout was a major favor to Doug Bruno that allowed him to set up a near miss shot. Because it was play on there was no need to check the clock. To me it seemed like a homer call by the ref.

Referees are instructed to stop the clock and go to review IF they think it may not have been stopped at the correct moment. Nothing particularly unusual here and not a homer call at all. Being "play on" is irrelevant. If the clock wasn't stopped at the correct point, one team or another is cheated regardless of any "play on" situation.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Caption this or simply what is Paige thinking?
I think she is thinking when she returns; she has another powerful chess piece with which to play.

View attachment 72752
"Enjoy it now, freshman. I'm Paige Buckets, ×××××!!!"

Reaction Score
Just another in a long line of 'favors" to Bruno during this game.

Reaction Score
Paige started the year dishing out assists everywhere ( that first game ). I think she sees the potential of Caroline and Azzi being scoring machines and Paige is all about winning. She knows the team is better if she has help scoring.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes...there was a moment after that whistle where you can hear Geno and others saying, "what?" Then the officials went to the tape to see how much time needed to be added...1 tenth of a second...I knew it was over... Ducharme was clutch when we needed her... Doug Bruno...with yet another "damn, we almost got you Geno" moment.
Bruno is getting closer. Can you imagine the angst and heartbreak our girls would have endured had Morrow’s half court prayer (that hit the backboard) went in? A 1 point Loss like that would have been devastating. Interesting who DePaul gave the ball to in that situation. She almost came through for them.

Reaction Score
Referees are instructed to stop the clock and go to review IF they think it may not have been stopped at the correct moment. Nothing particularly unusual here and not a homer call at all. Being "play on" is irrelevant. If the clock wasn't stopped at the correct point, one team or another is cheated regardless of any "play on" situation.
Is one team”cheated” when another team that does not have any timeouts left is essentially
given an extra timeout?

Reaction Score
Sticking to the thread title; Paige just seems to enjoy all things basketball. A happy go lucky kid, confident in her skills and thrives on pressure. Can't wait to get her back on the court!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom