Paige Gets MaxPreps Athlete of the Year | The Boneyard

Paige Gets MaxPreps Athlete of the Year

Reaction Score
With all the hype she's garnered in the past year, she better be the second coming of Taurasi or people will be disappointed.
I suspect that you are correct about the disappointment. As most everyone has, I've seen lots and lots of clips of Paige and she is more than equal to the hype. I don't know whether she'll win as many championships as Taurasi at all the different levels, but Paige has more tools, more talent and more potential than Taurasi as an incoming freshman. There, I've spoken the sacrilege...

Reaction Score
I suspect that you are correct about the disappointment. As most everyone has, I've seen lots and lots of clips of Paige and she is more than equal to the hype. I don't know whether she'll win as many championships as Taurasi at all the different levels, but Paige has more tools, more talent and more potential than Taurasi as an incoming freshman. There, I've spoken the sacrilege...
I was just thinking more along the lines of every #1 coming out of high school gets lots of hype, but I haven't been truly blown away by one since Stewie.

Reaction Score
The best thing we can hope for is that she will be the straw that stirs the drink. I'm not sure I have ever seen a high school player come into a program with such fanfare, even Diana, Stewie, Maya, or Rebecca. If she even comes close to one of them she will be a success.

Reaction Score
Great to see. But should acknowledge that she got tremendous help from her teammate Maya Nnaji, a real superstar in the making.

Hope she has UConn in her future!!!!!

Reaction Score
The best thing we can hope for is that she will be the straw that stirs the drink. I'm not sure I have ever seen a high school player come into a program with such fanfare, even Diana, Stewie, Maya, or Rebecca. If she even comes close to one of them she will be a success.
I remember Stewie's fanfare and some suggesting she could play in the pros right out of high school. Paige has not gotten that kind of hype, and even with Stewie it was just hype (Geno would probably agree).

Reaction Score
I remember Stewie's fanfare and some suggesting she could play in the pros right out of high school. Paige has not gotten that kind of hype, and even with Stewie it was just hype (Geno would probably agree).
I respectfully disagree: no HS player, not even Stewie has received the notoriety and hype that Paige has.... Just look at her following on social media--it's astronomical! But you're right, hype is just hype....

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree: no HS player, not even Stewie has received the notoriety and hype that Paige has.... Just look at her following on social media--it's astronomical! But you're right, hype is just hype....
Social media was not what it is today when Stewie was in high school, so that's not a fair metric. And Paige will never be as dominant as Stewie.

Reaction Score
I have watched many Paige videos.....You Tube, Boneyard bits, etc.....In my many years of observing hs and college women's hoops I have never seen anyone more impressive. She appears to be incredible...bb and personal. I am excited and can't wait to see what Geno will do with her. I am sure he already has a plan. She knew to choose the right school. I love Anna and I think I first used the term 'Watch Anna Bloom'...The Azzi kid could be just as good, hope Geno ropes her in...I love Maya N from Paige's school too.
They all appear to be real great people. There is a jigsaw puzzle and coach will figure it out...excitement for an old old fan, especially these days.

g

h

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom