Paige final season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige final season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What about NY? Sloot is approaching retirement. Paige playing next to Sabrina and feeding Stewie and Jonquel looks pretty good. Plus it's a ratings powerhouse. I know, the draft order won't allow this blah blah blah. But it only means she won't start out there. If I ask myself where she'd thrive and who I'd like to see her playing with, it's NY first and foremost.
I do wonder how she'll be received in the W. If the children ... er, mental cases... don't settle down who knows what next year will look like.

Reaction Score
my picks would be Mystics or Wings. Wings are in need of an efficient shooting guard (sorry, but Arike is the ultimate shot chucker and makes some bad shots even when there’s open players) , Mystics are a rebuild team and PB meshes perfectly with Aaliyah.

No... not the Wings.

Reaction Score
No... not the Wings.
Please no not the Wings; the Sky; the Fever and if I could stretch add the Dream into the mix. No, No, No... It would be great to see a Top Tier Team trade up. Imagine Paige playing in Minnesota. But they would not trade Collier. Play in New Your but they would not trade Sabrina. If the Sun don't win this year then they should trade up with their starting five to grab Paige....

Reaction Score
Please no not the Wings; the Sky; the Fever and if I could stretch add the Dream into the mix. No, No, No... It would be great to see a Top Tier Team trade up. Imagine Paige playing in Minnesota. But they would not trade Collier. Play in New Your but they would not trade Sabrina. If the Sun don't win this year then they should trade up with their starting five to grab Paige....
Is there anyone the Lynx could trade beside Collier for the #1? Maybe a package. I would love to see Paige play with my favorite player, Phee. And yes, any team would be better than one with Arike on it.

Reaction Score
Ny fantasy would be Minnesota for Paige. Can you imagine Napheesa and Dorka? Then you have coach Reeve. Isn't McBride about ready to call it a career? Sigh. It will never happen.
McBride is having a great year and fits in nicely on the Lynx. I really like Cortney Williams but she is not a natural point guard so adding Paige to run the offence would be awesome. A pipe dream though as I don't think Minnesota could get that #1 pick.

Reaction Score
i recall that in the past she has often decided to reject a great opportunity when she clearly would have helped the team by being aggressive, not shamelessly passive. i'm hoping she now realizes that was a serious flaw in her generally impeccable game.
Often?
Reject great opprtunites?

In the above statement I highlighted in bold and the two above in italics-- I can only think you are taking into account "big opportunities" and "often" to also include the 1st bunch of games this past season? If that is the case - you consider those as "great opportunism?" She's had nine losses in her career in which she has played. Three of the 9 were at the beginning of the season in which UCONN was in search of dealing with many injuries, Paige coming back, and even Geno trying to figure things out. Once he changed the lineup more conducive to the team, they lost 3 games the rest of the way.

Her teams have always advanced to the Final Fours in which she was the clear leader thus she hasn't known Failure leading up to the Final Fours in her entire career. The year they didn't make the FF she was out. . So her NCAA record is something like 10-3.

DT had an awful frosh year in FF, and the following year her and Bird would have lost if not for the sensational play of UCONN's Frontcourt in the Finals. In Maya's frosh year she was outplayed by the Stanford Senior and while Maya had good "stats" but her efficiency was not good. Stewart's frosh year was disappointing until the Tourney. And in the Tourney she had players like Dolson and KML. In fact her jr year in Finals it was MoJeff and KML that had huge games. Stewie did very little.

So when DT has had early bad games we can say she was outplayed. The same with Maya and the same with Stewie. Yet when Paige has a bad game it's :she has rejected?"

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Often?
Reject great opprtunites?

In the above statement I highlighted in bold and the two above in italics-- I can only think you are taking into account "big opportunities" and "often" to also include the 1st bunch of games this past season? If that is the case - you consider those as "great opportunism?" She's had nine losses in her career in which she has played. Three of the 9 were at the beginning of the season in which UCONN was in search of dealing with many injuries, Paige coming back, and even Geno trying to figure things out. Once he changed the lineup more conducive to the team, they lost 3 games the rest of the way.

Her teams have always advanced to the Final Fours in which she was the clear leader thus she hasn't known Failure leading up to the Final Fours in her entire career. The year they didn't make the FF she was out. . So her NCAA record is something like 10-3.

DT had an awful frosh year in FF, and the following year her and Bird would have lost if not for the sensational play of UCONN's Frontcourt in the Finals. In Maya's frosh year she was outplayed by the Stanford Senior and while Maya had good "stats" but her efficiency was not good. Stewart's frosh year was disappointing until the Tourney. And in the Tourney she had players like Dolson and KML. In fact her jr year in Finals it was MoJeff and KML that had huge games. Stewie did very little.

So when DT has had early bad games we can say she was outplayed. The same with Maya and the same with Stewie. Yet when Paige has a bad game it's :she has rejected?"
i think paige is great ... she does not need to be defended.

but everyone can improve. no? she's indeed trying to do so. yay!

Reaction Score
Golden State Valkyries - team begins play in 2025. Paige would be the face of the franchise. (Maybe they can team her up with the Splash Bros.)

Reaction Score
this is true but with the game on the line I suspect she'll be looking for her shot and pass it up only if she's double or triple-teamed and her team can hit open shots but most definitely she'll look at shooting first. IMP

That interview is being miss-interpreted. Bueckers will never be a shoot first player. Her first and last thought is how to score and it doesn't matter to her who does it. She has taken over UConn's offense in several big games because no one else on the team wanted the ball but she always managed to get really good high % (for her) shots. UConn has a pack of elite scorers this season. A couple of them may be better outside shooters than Bueckers.

Reaction Score
i think paige is great ... she does not need to be defended.

but everyone can improve. no? she's indeed trying to do so. yay!
Yes - I agree.
But the way it sounded you said "she rejected . . ." That is part means "willingness" the way I took it.

yes though I'm with ya - improvement and she is trying. :)

Reaction Score
So if we have a non-passive Bueckers, what do we think her numbers will do?

If "non-passive" means shooting the ball more, I expect her to have a 25-30 PPG average because as Dawn, Geno, etc have said "she doesn't take bad shots" and she was one of the only guards/possibly the only guard to end with a 50%+ FG percentage. If she was able to shoot around 45-50% a night taking only 10-11 shots, imagine what she could do taking 20+ every game. Think a more efficient Juju, who was able to get 30 a night off of 9-27 shooting. I don't believe that Paige would do a 180 and all of a sudden become a shot chucker to become less passive. She chooses her shot wisely.
The number that counts is #12. Brought to you courtesy of the "BUCKET", coming in April 2025 to
a hardcourt near you!

Reaction Score
What about NY? Sloot is approaching retirement. Paige playing next to Sabrina and feeding Stewie and Jonquel looks pretty good. Plus it's a ratings powerhouse. I know, the draft order won't allow this blah blah blah. But it only means she won't start out there. If I ask myself where she'd thrive and who I'd like to see her playing with, it's NY first and foremost.
Maybe Washington? to pair up with Aliyah.... Or, the Lynx making some
incredible trades to have all the first round "picks" of the WNBA teams in
the lottery. Now... that is a fantasy!! But I'll own it!

Reaction Score
My favorite line of DT’s when asked about fans booing her at an away game:
“Booing? I thought they were mooing.”
She will always be my favorite player because of stories like these.

Reaction Score
Golden State Valkyries - team begins play in 2025. Paige would be the face of the franchise. (Maybe they can team her up with the Splash Bros.)
I wouldn’t mind seeing her play for them as well. First, someone has to teach me how to say the their name. Will Google it one day. But, unless they change the draft rules then Golden State doesn’t have a chance. Paige, Azzi and Caroline all can return next year. Three awesome 5th and 6 year seniors.

Reaction Score
Nah,, not necessarily .....

Seriously, if I were her, I’d stay a sixth year.

Right now, there’s more spite and vitriol in the WNBA than basketball because rookies come in rich. Another year passes, there will be more rookie targets---- so the envy and anger becomes more dispersed- Paige will still be a target in 2026- but one of many. She won’t be Clark v..2.

Have another year of youthful fun. WNBA isn't going anywhere, Taurausi's played 20 years.

On the other hand, if the team with the first pick makes her an offer she can’t refuse, she can go into the team’s president’s office, put her feet on the desk, hands behind her head and say– “what do you have in mind, Partner?” -).
Regarding this "more spite and vitriol...than basketball because rookies come in rich," what is your evidence of the spite and vitriol? Who specifically are these rich rookies that are the target of the spite and vitriol? Even if Paige were to come out next year instead of '26, she won't be Clark v. 2. The two have very different personalities and games/skill sets and Paige won't be coming into the W with her fans touting her the GOAT, dissing W players, and spewing bigotry so the vibe will be very different...though she'll get her rookie lumps too.

Reaction Score
Is there anyone the Lynx could trade beside Collier for the #1? Maybe a package. I would love to see Paige play with my favorite player, Phee. And yes, any team would be better than one with Arike on it.
If Dallas were smart, they would try to trade Arike while she still has some value. Her presence on that team (really on any team) guarantees they will never be more than a mid level one that is dominated by a player that will never be a part of a truly team oriented playing style which, is really the key to success in basketball. They are simply spinning their wheels while she throws up 23-30 shots and often produces stat lines of 9/30 or 10/28. It would be one thing if she were shooting 50+% but her career average is 39% and even if she were a 50% shooter, it’s very rare that a team is going to achieve real success when it is dominated by one player like that. Trade her and move on! Of course, it’s possible that no one wants that kind of player.

Reaction Score
If Dallas were smart, they would try to trade Arike while she still has some value. Her presence on that team (really on any team) guarantees they will never be more than a mid level one that is dominated by a player that will never be a part of a truly team oriented playing style which, is really the key to success in basketball. They are simply spinning their wheels while she throws up 23-30 shots and often produces stat lines of 9/30 or 10/28. It would be one thing if she were shooting 50+% but her career average is 39% and even if she were a 50% shooter, it’s very rare that a team is going to achieve real success when it is dominated by one player like that. Trade her and move on! Of course, it’s possible that no one wants that kind of player.
100% agree about an Arike trade.
I found it interesting to watch Dallas perform without Arike against the Lynx (of all teams). The game was close until halfway through the 4th quarter and despite rookie mistakes they seemed to be figuring it out.
When Arike returned in the Chicago game, it was hard to watch Dallas. I know a couple of players were sick/injured (besides Satou), but the team looked out of sync. Arike scored half her points in the 4th when the game was out of reach. The announcers made it seem like a rally, but Arike kept the game from being an embarrasing lose.

With Arike still there, I don't trust Dallas to be anything but interestingly good and streaky. I feel like Paige would thrive in an enviroment that's team oriented and Dallas is definitely not that.

Reaction Score
NY has zero shot of acquiring the #1 pick.

Reaction Score
100% agree about an Arike trade.
I found it interesting to watch Dallas perform without Arike against the Lynx (of all teams). The game was close until halfway through the 4th quarter and despite rookie mistakes they seemed to be figuring it out.
When Arike returned in the Chicago game, it was hard to watch Dallas. I know a couple of players were sick/injured (besides Satou), but the team looked out of sync. Arike scored half her points in the 4th when the game was out of reach. The announcers made it seem like a rally, but Arike kept the game from being an embarrasing lose.

With Arike still there, I don't trust Dallas to be anything but interestingly good and streaky. I feel like Paige would thrive in an enviroment that's team oriented and Dallas is definitely not that.
Not to mention that the Dallas franchise is sort of a well known mess

Reaction Score
Her last year? It's not over until it's over, but Paige probably wants a few years in the W before she takes over for Geno. Remember you heard it here first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom