Paige ESPN All American | The Boneyard

Paige ESPN All American

Reaction Score
If Megan Walker had stayed, I doubt Paige would have gotten the playing time she needed to become an All-American. Walker would have given UConn a better shot at the NC, but our season would have been less rewarding and fun filled. Either way, I would still be glued to the TV screen every time they played.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Megan Walker had stayed, I doubt Paige would have gotten the playing time she needed to become an All-American. Walker would have given UConn a better shot at the NC, but our season would have been less rewarding and fun filled. Either way, I would still be glued to the TV screen every time they played.
I don’t know that Walker would have taken PT from Paige, but she would have done three things that might not have allowed this team to grow into the potential national championship team that they have become.

Walker would likely have taken minutes from Aaliyah, limiting her development. She would also command the ball more in isolation, potentially stifling movement on offense.

Lastly, as the only senior on the team, Megan would have most likely been the designated team leader, relegating Paige to a supporting role. IMO Paige’s leadership is her most important contribution to this UConn team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I do not think Paige would have been blocked. Her talent and leadership was clearly recognized 1 minute into the first practice Others from Evina, Nika, Ana, CW, Aubry (Not Li or Aaliyah imo) would probably have reduced minutes but not paige (other than token minutes) . Anyway, very happy it worked out this way

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Even if Walker had stayed Paige would still be a starter and one of the team leaders. She was in High School as a Freshmen and is now as a Freshman. She makes everyone better and she would have made Walker better also, if she hadn't bolted for the W.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Again, the list is not alphabetical so the order counts. In this case, he has Evans #1 and Paige #2. But if voters remember the ACC tournament and subconsciously take it into account, Paige may take it.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Social Media is heating up on who should win National Freshmen of the Year. Many favor Caitlin as she has the better stats when comparing them against Paige stats. Probably not a coincidence but some of the ones favoring Caitlin are not fans of UConn. ? IMO the WBCA has a tough decision to make if they have to decide between Paige and Caitlin. Paige has gotten the more publicity and she's a member of the #1 Ranked Team in the Country. They won't be able to overlook the Stats Caitlin has accumulated. If Iowa goes deep into the BIG Post Season Tournament, that will significantly help Caitlin as Paige has finished playing for regular season. In the Ideal World, I would like to see Paige and Caitlin share the Award.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again, the list is not alphabetical so the order counts. In this case, he has Evans #1 and Paige #2. But if voters remember the ACC tournament and subconsciously take it into account, Paige may take it.
It’s done by position: G-G-C-F-F for the first team G-G-G-F-F for the second team. Hard to say what put Evans first, but they may have thought of it as PG, SG, since Muhl really is more the PG for us. The second team guards are all point guards.

Reaction Score
Sorry. you're not watching! Megan has nothing to do with Paige. Paige is the floor general, primary ballhandler, best player on the team, or WCBB for that matter. Megan is a "3". Megan would have affected E.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I kind of feel like the recognition for Aari McDonald is more like a career achievement recognition, since her shooting stats are at career lows this year. And the fact that Hayley Jones was even considered (over, say, Rennia Davis or Arella Guirantes) is laughable.

Reaction Score
Nobody would have taken 1 minute of PT from Bueckers and Edwards, they are the best players on the team and would been so if Walker stayed.
I agree. If Walker had stayed, I think Evina, Chrystin, and Anna would have been most affected. Edwards is a true big and not in the same lane as Walker. Paige is Paige so no impact because of Walker.

I do also agree with folks who describe how ball movement was impacted by Walker's lack of typical UConn passing skills as well as skills moving without the basketball.

Walker was a great scorer in an isolation situation but I think she would have struggled in this year's more traditional UConn ball movement offense.

Nothing against Walker, its just my assessment.

Reaction Score
The Women Basketball community would have a heart attack on Twitter if Paige wins NPOY. I don’t understand why they hate the attention she gets. She is a great player that brings the views and the clicks that will draw more interest to the Women’s game.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Paige and the others. I disagree substantially. My top 5 include:

Paige
Evans
Clark
Hillmon
Collier

I would also have Kiana Williams ahead of Haley Jones.
I think you gotta give it to Smith over Collier. The two head to head games were a mismatch and Smith took Big 12 POY. The other 4 of yours I think I‘d match.

Reaction Score
The Women Basketball community would have a heart attack on Twitter if Paige wins NPOY. I don’t understand why they hate the attention she gets. She is a great player that brings the views and the clicks that will draw more interest to the Women’s game.
I would enjoy scrolling through Twitter on that day. Maybe even tweeting “neener, neener” at some of them off my burner account.

Reaction Score
I just love hypotheticals....If fill in the blank...had...fill in the blank...Uconn would have ..fill in the blank..
Sarcastic Joke GIF

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom