Paige Daily Video Allotment | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Paige Daily Video Allotment

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Closest Game of 2020: STMA at Hopkins. Paige Bueckers needs a Triple-Double to keep streak alive

In order for Hopkins to overcome, Paige Bueckers would put the team on her back. Bueckers finished with 28 points on 12/18 shooting, 10 assists, 10 rebounds, and 5 steals -- a triple double.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Paige's ball handling is more advanced than Azzi's, but you are not allowed to play with 2 balls. In the shooting drills around the hoop Paige's use of her left hand is a thing of beauty, while Azzi is using her right hand.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
However, during the initial dribbling drills Azzi is looking into blank space while Paige is looking at her dribbling. Paige does show here a glimpse of her great ability to finish around the rim. Azzi again though shows her sweet stroke every time.

Reaction Score
However, during the initial dribbling drills Azzi is looking into blank space while Paige is looking at her dribbling. Paige does show here a glimpse of her great ability to finish around the rim. Azzi again though shows her sweet stroke every time.

Bueckers is virtually unstoppable on drives inside 10 feet. She has such an array of weapons, an almost automatic fall away jumper with both hands, a deadly hesitation move on a drive that sets up because of her ability to quickly rise and hit short jumpers, again with either hand, and a teardrop runner that again goes in far more often than not.
She doesn't have Fudd's physique so she has maxed out her finesse. Fudd's edge is her combination of quickness and size. She doesn't need an up and under move (but I'm sure she has one) because she can power through contact and just go to the rim. A pro-ready body. But Bueckers does have length, 6' with long arms, quick hands & feet and an ability to elevate. A skinny Gabby is my best description of her physical tools.

Reaction Score
An old Bueckers game as a sophomore vs State Champs, Iowa City West in the 17/18 season. Back before she became famous as you will see in the sparce crowd.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins travels to Wayzata in 2017 and shoots 75% from Three

Hopkins goes on the road to Wayzata for a late-season conference game -- the 24th game of the 2016-17 season..... 9th grader Paige Bueckers would score 23 with 10 assists, 6 rebounds and 4 steals.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins at Edina to start the Lake Conference season in the 2018-19 Season

On January 11, 2019, Hopkins played the 12th game of the 2018-19 season at Edina to kick of the Lake Conference season. The score was 53-21 Hopkins up at half. That trend continued to an 86-38 finish. Junior Paige Bueckers would finish with 25 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, and 4 steals.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
More video from the same workout session that took place early this year in NYC.

I was surprised to see Fudd's relatively low release point. Slightly lower than Bueckers, but significantly lower than KML and particularly Moore, who gets good lift on her jump as well as a higher release point. Perhaps the release is quick enough and automatic enough to more than compensate, but KML had a quick release as well. If she comes here, she may not be able to threaten KML's record if defenders close out on her fast enough.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I was surprised to see Fudd's relatively low release point. Slightly lower than Bueckers, but significantly lower than KML and particularly Moore, who gets good lift on her jump as well as a higher release point. Perhaps the release is quick enough and automatic enough to more than compensate, but KML had a quick release as well. If she comes here, she may not be able to threaten KML's record if defenders close out on her fast enough.
Yeah, she does kind of shoot from her chin. I don't think it will hurt her much though since she's a pull up shooter and with Paige she's certain to see a lot of open shots. As I've stated before, her pull up is one of the best I've seen. I'd be far more concerned if she shot from her hip or had her elbow cocked.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers enters the Pentagon and scores 30 against #1 Sioux Falls O'Gorman

The 8th game of 2018-19 had Hopkins traveling out-of-state to South Dakota to play in the Sanford Classic at Sioux Falls' Sanford Pentagon arena...Junior Paige Bueckers would score 30 with 5 assists and 5 steals.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like Azzi's release, even it it's not as high as Maya's:

1592926238096.png

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

View attachment 55679
This photo is misleading. It does contradict the use of the term "release point." When the ball finally leaves Fudd's hands it is fairly high ... but as profile angles reveal it is also more than a foot away from her body when it is released. She starts low, around the chin as JordyG stated, and extends the arm out until the release which, because of the low starting point, is over a foot away from her body. That is one foot less for a competent defender to close out.

She does have more air in her jump with this photo than in the practice sessions, though I don't know if this is one of her midrange jump shots or three point attempts, plus you have informed us how quick her release is. I also believe you that she is automatic. No doubt she would be one of our three point leaders, but my money (or pizza if you're game)) will still be on KML..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

View attachment 55679
Love Horston and Boston in the background pronouncing the shot good when technically it's still on her finger tips. I think that is the type of shooer Azzi is or might become-when people are genuinely surprised when she misses.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Love Horston and Boston in the background pronouncing the shot good when technically it still on her finger tips. I think that the type of shooer Azzi is or might become-when people are genuinely surprised when she misses.
Haha, that's great. I missed that, thanks!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers enters the Pentagon and scores 30 against #1 Sioux Falls O'Gorman

The 8th game of 2018-19 had Hopkins traveling out-of-state to South Dakota to play in the Sanford Classic at Sioux Falls' Sanford Pentagon arena...Junior Paige Bueckers would score 30 with 5 assists and 5 steals.

This one's worth watching. Paige didn't play the final 7+ minutes but ended up 12-18 from the field, 12-17 if you take out a desperation three attempt before the half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom