Paige Daily Video Allotment | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Paige Daily Video Allotment

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cooper met Hopkins at home in the second round of the Section 6AAAA semifinals on February 29. Hopkins advanced with a score of 89-47. Paige Bueckers led all scorers with 24 points on 11 for 12 shooting. Bueckers added 9 assists and 4 steals to her stat line.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This game occurred early in the 2018-19 season and pitted 2 top guards in the state of Minnesota against each other: Hopkins' Paige Bueckers (UCONN) and Lakeville North's Lauren Jensen (Iowa). Former AAU teammates turned high school rivals. Final score was Hopkins winning 83-41. Paige Bueckers had 26 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, and 5 steals.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Here's the game that Hopkins at Wayzata played on 2/14/20. Paige had 27 points, 11 assists, and 6 steals in the game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The cancelled state championship game would have been a rematch of Hopkins and Farmington. In the first meeting of the teams, Farmington tried to leverage their home court advantage by creating a hostile environment for Hopkins and assigning hometown refs. The Royals resisted with 14 steals and by shooting 52% for all field goals. In addition, Hopkins scored 27 points off of Farmington's 24 turnovers for a points-per-possession of 1.14 to Farmington's .74 PPP count. After a back-n-forth first half, Hopkins would be up 40-30 at half. The second period would see a steady increasing of Hopkins' lead towards a final score of 77-52. Paige Bueckers was the game's high scorer at 31 points, 5 assists, and 4 steals.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As it is often requested, here is the game where Paige Bueckers scores her career high water mark of 43 points -- now on YouTube!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In Hopkins' 4th game of the 2015-16 season, Elk River lost to Hopkins 78-62. The game is remembered though as Paige Bueckers' highest scoring game of her first season as a varsity player. Paige came off the bench that game to shoot 6 for 7 from three totaling 22 points on the game.

Replay set to Paige's entrance:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In Hopkins' 4th game of the 2015-16 season, Elk River lost to Hopkins 78-62. The game is remembered though as Paige Bueckers' highest scoring game of her first season as a varsity player. Paige came off the bench that game to shoot 6 for 7 from three totaling 22 points on the game.

Replay set to Paige's entrace:

Thanks for seeing this. One of Cosgriff's family must have recorded all the games. I've read about this game and it's great to be able to see it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One thing that comes through looking at some of these earlier games is just how much the Hopkins Royals have advanced as a team. One other observation of Paige "the younger", as an eighth grader she really was a slender reed. Those cross court passes were work!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Replay set to Paige's entrance:

What I think is telling about Paige is how much she brought more fans to the Hopkins girls basketball games. In this game there were bleachers on the sidelines only and they weren't full. Later they added two sets of bleachers at each end and most of the time they were full. Also for many of the games there was standing room only on the walkways above the basketball court. Can't wait to see what she does for UConn, they might even have sell outs again for all games at both Gampell and Hartford Civic Center.

Reaction Score
What I think is telling about Paige is how much she brought more fans to the Hopkins girls basketball games. In this game there were bleachers on the sidelines only and they weren't full. Later they added two sets of bleachers at each end and most of the time they were full. Also for many of the games there was standing room only on the walkways above the basketball court. Can't wait to see what she does for UConn, they might even have sell outs again for all games at both Gampell and Hartford Civic Center.

I read a few other boards and continually see comments suggesting that UConn's run in wcbb is nearing it's end. Nuts to that. It may be that the party is just starting. Bueckers has managed to attract a huge following on social media already, and the hype in CT hasn't even begun. She has also managed to attract a crossover of men's fans, and that is a huge thing. Even a relatively small slice of that segment would give wcbb an exponential boost.

Those nosebleed seats in the XL may never be filled again. Especially nowadays when binoculars are probably prohibited along with telephoto lenses. Times have changed and people, especially kids, are used to events being on media. HD TV is a much better alternative to squinting to read jersey numbers, and 4K will be even better. I do predict that the crowds will become younger and more male next year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I read a few other boards and continually see comments suggesting that UConn's run in wcbb is nearing it's end. Nuts to that. It may be that the party is just starting. Bueckers has managed to attract a huge following on social media already, and the hype in CT hasn't even begun. She has also managed to attract a crossover of men's fans, and that is a huge thing. Even a relatively small slice of that segment would give wcbb an exponential boost.

Those nosebleed seats in the XL may never be filled again. Especially nowadays when binoculars are probably prohibited along with telephoto lenses. Times have changed and people, especially kids, are used to events being on media. HD TV is a much better alternative to squinting to read jersey numbers, and 4K will be even better. I do predict that the crowds will become younger and more male next year.
How many high school kids, both guy or gals, have 4 NBA players watching you play in a High School Sectional final game?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The 2019 Minnesota State semifinals:

Centennial played Hopkins at Williams Arena on March 14, 2019 at 6:00 pm. This was the 31st game of the season and was the class 4A state tournament's semifinal game. Paige Bueckers would score 28 points with 7 assists, 5 steals, and 4 rebounds.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins Girls Basketball plays at Wayzata on Valentines 2020. The rivalry game that was not online.

This was the 22nd win of the 2019-20 season which earned Hopkins the championship of the Lake Conference. Hopkins shot 67% from three-point range with 30 transition points and 39 points off of turnovers. Paige Bueckers scored 27 points, 11 assists, and 6 steals including a buzzer-beater 3 at half off of an Alayna Contreras steal.

Reaction Score
I suspect DT is using Conlon as a surrogate but I suspect her hidden message to Bueckers is "I won 3" and she is really asking Bird if Bueckers will win more than her.
My response to DT would be: "Look at you, worrying about a girl that hasn't even played her 1st UConn scrimmage being better than you?" :rolleyes:

It's inevitable that DT makes it to a UConn practice to impart her "wisdom" to the freshman pg.

Reaction Score
I suspect DT is using Conlon as a surrogate but I suspect her hidden message to Bueckers is "I won 3" and she is really asking Bird if Bueckers will win more than her.
My response to DT would be: "Look at you, worrying about a girl that hasn't even played her 1st UConn scrimmage being better than you?" :rolleyes:

It's inevitable that DT makes it to a UConn practice to impart her "wisdom" to the freshman pg.
Years ago I wondered over to a gym in Chino Ca. I had a chance to watch D play in high school. You could tell then that she was special. Her teammates were average at best but she made them look like an all star team. You could also tell that then like now she knew she was the best. D “ain’t” never worried about anyone and I suspect it won’t start now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maria

Years ago I wondered over to a gym in Chino Ca. I had a chance to watch D play in high school. You could tell then that she was special. Her teammates were average at best but she made them look like an all star team. You could also tell that then like now she knew she was the best. D “ain’t” never worried about anyone and I suspect it won’t start now.

I think the key to the video is that 2 of the immortals are talking about an untested recruit. And as much as I agree that Taurasi isn't worried I also don't think that Bueckers is hiding in her closet either. ;)
Bueckers has all the confidence/cockiness that DT showed when she showed up in Storrs. And she has the talent to back it up.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes @Alydar Paige certainly can be cocky, but those who know her also call her humble. The girl has complexity to her. The way she is with her little brother and the way she interacts with all those star struck kids after every game tells me we have ourselves a good one.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yes @Alydar Paige certainly can be cocky, but those who know her also call her humble. The girl has complexity to her. The way she is with her little brother and the way she interacts with all those star struck kids after every game tells me we have ourselves a good one.
For a High School Senior to stay at an opposing team school and sign autographs and take pictures with their fans after the game, says a lot about her character. In one interview that I saw this year they asked her if she gets tired of the signings and pictures. She said no and she believes that it helps grow the game by bringing more fans and attention to girls basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom