Paige coming back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige coming back

Reaction Score
Because it would be a conflict of interest for Nike who is the name brand for most college athletics. My sources are 2 close friends who are successful sports and entertainment lawyers and agents, I don't make assertions.

Reaction Score
You obviously have no concept of how much post surgical rehab is done on knee injuries. The doctors and trainers would not clear a player for contact practice until all those muscles test out to 100%.
Yes I am aware on how much is done to rehab the knees. What I was referring too was the strengthning of specific muscle groups beyond what they were before the injuries. It requires extra special exercises. Jackie Gemelos spoke about this at great length. She was highly prone to and kept reinjuring her knees until she took the time to strengthen her muscles around the knees and has not had a knee injury since. This is something that most players are not aware of. Women in general are more prone to knee injuries with some even more so than others.

Reaction Score
Well damn, I was really looking forward to seeing her play for UCONN again. This pretty much puts the nail in the coffin. :(
Paige being Paige and there is no one else like her, will be back because she wants a National Championship on her resume. I also believe that if she dos get the NC she will be back for #13. That will make her resume perfect. I also believe that if this does happen, the WNBA will want her even more and for the most money up front and salary to follow. I don't believe money will be a factor in any decision Paige makes as she is well rewarded by her NIL deals. GO PAIGE! GO HUSKIES !!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

“I mean, she’s going to make well over a million dollars. It’s not even a question,” Jason Belzer, the chief executive of Student Athlete NIL, an agency that works with brands doing campaigns for student athletes

Schoenthal said Bueckers would have marketing opportunities if she jumped to the W.N.B.A. But he added: “I think there is an argument to be made that she’s more marketable while at UConn because UConn women’s basketball is probably more popular than most W.N.B.A. teams. So I think it’s fair to say that one of reasons she’s coming back is name, image and likeness.”
Does Schoenthal think all the non-UConn fans who tune in to see Paige now will not tune in to see her when she goes into the W? I think it’s likely that when Bueckers, Boston, Clark, Fudd, Jones, Brink, et al. go into the W, people will continue watching them. These kids are flat-out fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Bueckers is also in the enviable position of seeing who would draft her for the next 2 seasons and passing if the team sucks.

She will make a lot of money in any case. I don't see that being a determining factor for her.

A case could be made that she'll need 2 years of play and strengthening to take the pounding of the W.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom