Paige Bueckers we miss you | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers we miss you

Reaction Score
I love this picture -
And nothing is the same now or ever will be
the same without her presence at UCONN. There are not enough adjectives to describe her.
2347795B-97FA-4D0F-9DD6-E553F03F8CB3.jpeg

Reaction Score
I love this picture -
And nothing is the same now or ever will be
the same without her presence at UCONN. There are not enough adjectives to describe her.
Could that be evidence of a crush?

Reaction Score
She was practising 3pt shoot with Nika in the court yesterday. I expect to see her play in Feb soon.

Reaction Score
DT, Maya and Stewie were all amazing. When you see the current team playing without Paige, you can see how special she is. One player who makes a group of talented players a NC contender who without her are maybe a top 10 team...

Reaction Score
I
I assume you never saw Maya Moore or Stewart play.
I have seen Stewie and she is a favorite and so is Maya….and Paige is Paige if you missed the element of my post I have no issue with your position. Thanks

Reaction Score
It’s weird. I started watching basketball because of Paige. If I hadn’t become interested in the UConn program through her I probably wouldn’t be watching these games while she’s out.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It’s weird. I started watching basketball because of Paige. If I hadn’t become interested in the UConn program through her I probably wouldn’t be watching these games while she’s out.
Interesting. Did you know Paige through her HS highlight tapes?

Reaction Score
Interesting. Did you know Paige through her HS highlight tapes?
My discovering UConn story: Last summer a Caitlin Clark highlight video popped up on my YouTube feed where she hit a bunch of threes. I was like woah that’s cool. I had never watched a basketball game before.

I watched a couple more scoring highlight videos and in the comments I would see people mention Paige. So I saw the highlight video of Iowa vs UConn. I thought hmm why do people say Paige is better (I knew NOTHING about basketball). Watched some of Paiges highlight videos and then all of her full high school games. I saw people in the comments talking about “UConn”. I guessed that was the college she was going to?

Then I watched all of Paiges freshman year games, but on my first time watching them I really only paid attention when she did something like a pass or scored. I thought the coach was funny. I saw videos of players I had never heard of, Sue and Diana, talking about Paige so then I went and watched some of the games from 2000-2002 but I only wanted to watch the games where Sue and Diana both scored a lot.

I grew out of that and just started watching all the games in order from 1998-2004. I wanted to feel as if I was really following along back then, so anytime the commentators or other would hint to something but wouldnt really expand upon it I would Google archived Hartford Courant articles lol. I learned about the dominance of UConn over the years.

I also kept seeing the name Stewart when people kept talking about the best players to ever play at UConn so then I switched to watching those years. Then I just started hopping all over the timeline. I read the UConn books including Genos, Bird at the Buzzer, the Same River Twice, etc. I started following along with the UConn players that were in the WNBA and learning about that history. There’s still some years I haven’t seen a lot of the games from.

I’ve since rewatched Paiges freshman year games countless times now that I actually pay attention to the whole game and can understand what’s going on. It’s kind of funny how I had never even heard of a shot clock and couldn’t have even told you what a double dribble meant, but now I say things like I love watching Kelly Faris play defense. My favorite players to watch are Svetlana Abrosimova, DT, Sue, Kelly Faris, Moriah Jefferson, and Paige.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom