Paige Bueckers trade mark nickname filed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers trade mark nickname filed

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
According to the Hartford Courant her attorney of record is the Wasserman Media Group. We are not aware of any other agency that she has signed with at this point. This group represents many high level athletes including many WNBA players.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
From Wall Street Journal

Bueckers has so much earning potential that she’s one of the few college athletes who’s signed with an agent—Lindsay Kagawa Colas, an executive vice president at the prominent agency Wasserman. Colas didn’t blink at the $1 million estimate.

Wasserman recently registered the trademark for “Paige Buckets,” and Colas said the firm would consider trademarking other terms related to Bueckers. Rather than chasing many one-off deals for her, Colas said she aims to reach agreements with a handful of elite brands who commit for Bueckers’ three remaining seasons of college eligibility.

These are truly uncharted waters. $1 million might just be the floor and not the ceiling. As evidence I point to Athing Mu who turned pro a few months back at the age of 19 and signed a 6-figure deal with Nike, with performance bonuses that could make her a millionaire.

Subsequently, Mu blew away everyone in the US Olympic trials in the 800 meters. Yesterday she followed that up with a gold medal at the Olympics, once again blowing everyone away.

If someone most Americans had never heard of a few months ago can make $1 million, how much is one of the best known female athletes in the country worth?

Reaction Score
I am blocked from the WSJ article. Does the article specify who Paige is represented by?
All pertinent info from the WSJ article is given in the post above, but here it is again (emphasis added):

From Wall Street Journal

Bueckers has so much earning potential that she’s one of the few college athletes who’s signed with an agent—Lindsay Kagawa Colas, an executive vice president at the prominent agency Wasserman. Colas didn’t blink at the $1 million estimate.

Wasserman recently registered the trademark for “Paige Buckets,” and Colas said the firm would consider trademarking other terms related to Bueckers. Rather than chasing many one-off deals for her, Colas said she aims to reach agreements with a handful of elite brands who commit for Bueckers’ three remaining seasons of college eligibility.

Reaction Score
If someone most Americans had never heard of a few months ago can make $1 million, how much is one of the best known female athletes in the country worth?
Steph Curry's new contract is 215 million for 4 years. When US woman basketball players can get even 1/10th the Steph money?

Reaction Score
All pertinent info from the WSJ article is given in the post above, but here it is again (emphasis added):

From Wall Street Journal

Paige is in very good company (see link below for source):

"With a focus on representing cultural conversation influencers, Colas oversees the careers of many elite and outspoken Olympic medalists, including WNBA players Diana Taurasi, Breanna Stewart, Sue Bird, Brittney Griner, and Maya Moore, swimmer Simone Manuel, beach volleyball player April Ross, fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad and Paralympians Alana Nichols (ski/basketball/kayak) and Scout Bassett (track and field)."

It would seem that she got advice for who to work with from some UCONN alums!

Reaction Score
From Wall Street Journal

"brands . . . who commit for Bueckers’ three remaining seasons of college eligibility."
Fair guess is that she's planning to hang around for the duration. She could do an additional year, especially if she's raking in more than she can make in the WNBA. Of course, she could probably make the most playing overseas.
Remind me of why she plays wcbb. Add to that, winning nc's at UConn will do no harm to her projected income. Stewie held up 4 fingers; Paige might hold up 7 figures.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• 5E328F16-B231-4FEC-BF1C-DED6F6844742.jpeg
    5E328F16-B231-4FEC-BF1C-DED6F6844742.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 164

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno has a few things to say about this.

Geno Auriemma says UConn star Paige Bueckers is the 'perfect person' to take advantage of endorsement deals (ctpost.com)

“CD and I just both said to her, ‘Paige Buckets, seriously? I mean, Paige Buckets?’” Auriemma said. “And to Paige’s credit, she said, ‘Yeah, one game I go 0-for-10 and it’s Paige Brickers.’ I said, ‘You’ve got that right. You’re going to go from Paige Buckets to Paige The Brick.’”

“When I coached the Olympic team I knew I was coaching a bunch of celebrities and if I ever forgot it they reminded me of it,” Auriemma said. “But I don’t think of coaching Paige as coaching a celebrity. I do laugh at her a lot of times in that it’s incredible, the world she’s growing up in. It’s great for her, great for kids, great for women’s basketball that all this happening and she’s kind of the perfect person to take advantage of all the things that are available.”

and here, I cant agree with Geno more

Why are people so captivated by Bueckers?

“There’s something she’s doing on the court that comes across on the TV screen,” Auriemma said. “There’s the way she plays the game or there’s the way she manages the game, handles the game, the way the game comes to her. Some people just have that ability without even trying. I don’t know that she gets up in the morning and says, ‘I’m going to try to be a media sensation.’ I think there’s just something that some people just gravitate to.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom